Mr. Hoffman--Kevin Gray question on "Who's Next"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sam, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

Steve, somehow I can't locate a thread that contained a question on the "Who's next" master tape. You explained in detail how you found the tape in a file cabinet. My question to you is, to the best of your knowledge, did Kevin Gray use this master tape that you used for the canadian pressing for the MCA Heavy vinyl pressing? Also, are there vinyl counterparts to your canadian cd? Thanks for your help.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sam,

I don't know what Kevin Gray used to do the MCA LP. Believe it or not, we don't discuss our clients' projects with each other.

I have not heard the MCA Heavy Vinyl version in a very long time. Does it sound nice? I remember some brightness.

There are no vinyl counterparts to my old "Who's Next" mastering that I know of.

3. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

4. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

5. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

The MCA heavy vinyl is from a digital source. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- but I don't think so. Try and find the MCA Masterphile series lp MCA 5220 from about 1980.

6. cunningham

cunningham Forum Resident

Is the black track label from polydor uk, 2408 102, not the ultimate lp for this album?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.