DCC Archive Mr Hoffman & Members --- what a book I found!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sam, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

It's called "Every Little Thing: The Definitive Guide to the Beatles Recording Variations, Rare Mixes and Other Musical Oddities" It was published in 1990 by William McCoy and Mithchell McGeary. What a fabulous book for so much information on so many of the Beatles pressings that we regularly discuss in this forum! The book covers the differences between the Mono and Stereo pressings of EACH song they ever made. They talk about the box sets, japanese pressings, German pressings, Audiophile (mofi) pressings, etc. They have a page devoted to the Sgt. Pepper inner groove. I have heard this repeating loop at the trail out groove after A day in the life, but I never paid attention to it. Thought it was something mofi did. This book is a wealth of information.

I found this baby at my local library. It is a hard red cover book. Steve, have you ever seen this book? Wonderful resource.

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Wouldn't much of that information be redundant with Joe Brennan's site?

3. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

Who's Joe Brennen and what is his site? Would love to look at it. Of course, you can't take a "site" to your bed to read or to the bathroom. Books still have it over the internet in some ways. (Except for forums like this where one can exchange and receive information almost instantly).

4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I've added quite a bit of stuff to that site over the years... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.