DCC Archive Muddy Waters Folk Singer

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ED in NY, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member Thread Starter

Hi all ! I'm curious to get some opinions on this CD as to what version you all think sounds best. I bought the 2 on 1 BGO import version simply because it included "Sings Big Bill" on it, but I'm curious to know what you all think of the MFSL and the MCA remaster. I can't remember if someone asked this on the old board, so if you can give me your 2 cents, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks ! -ED :)

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

A lot of things BGO has released has actually been impressive. I like their 2-on-1 approach to ajacent title-albums. Their Steppenwolf 2fer and Pat Benetar CDs border perfect. With respect to Steve, I actually A/Bd "In The Heat" and I found the sound to be very complimentary. We all know Steve had the master, so let's put that one to rest.

If you really want the best digital version ever, I would have to say the MFSL. That just takes you out and grabs you.

Classic Records will also reissue this LP as a waxing-only, but I have a good feeling they may do a high-resolution DVD-A to this one like they did Alan Parsons "I Robot" and Coltrane's "Blue Train". At that time, I would have to resize my opinon.

I still find people who haven't even touched this record, Muddy/Folk Singer. There's a very good reason why audiophiles hail the title; it was just recorded very well.

If you like your BGO, then so be it. This would be one of the occasions when I would definately tell someone to seek out the MFSL over all.

3. wes

wes Senior Member

Yes, I've got the Mofi. It's the best recording that I own period.

4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

5. cvila

cvila Senior Member

Sckott, I'm not dure I read your post correctly, but the Classic DAD of "Folk Singer" as been out for quite awhile...DAD1020.

6. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

The MCA sounds terrific as well!

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Hmm...to me that just sounds like a reissue of the old MCA CD, which was in fact mastered by Steve...

I still haven't compared all my different versions of that, though.

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

No, I had no idea until now, however, my impression was that if they didn't, they'd do it soon. It's one of those titles I would do to DAD, if it were me. The vinyl is coming out within the next month or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.