"Muscle Shoals" Documentary Trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by No Static, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Plus whatever they paid Jim Dickinson.

3. alanb

alanb Senior Member

Wasn't there some story about the engineer unreeling the tape and making a mess of it - so he took it home and his mum ironed it to get the creases out !!

Sure i heard it on a Radio doc.

4. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I watched on Netflix the other day. I really enjoyed it but where was Dave Grohl?

5. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Bono wouldn't allow it.

alanb and Complier like this.
  6. No Static

No Static Gain Rider Thread Starter

7. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

PBS replayed it last night. Loved it. I've always felt that chain of fools was the epitome of soul music and to find out a buncha white boys were the rhythm section on it was definitely a surprise. Also never knew that Clarence carter was blind. Very interesting doc with so much great music - I'd rather go blind, Aretha, slip away...

No Static likes this.
  8. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Just watched this documentary tonight. Very enjoyable. As I watched it, I was confused about 1 fact(or perhaps I wasn't paying attention.

After the Aretha/Ted/Jerry/Rick fiasco, Rick told the story that Jerry was done with him and would sink him. Rick later talked about what a bad time this was for him. However, when discussing the PATCHES recording, I thought he said he called up Jerry Wexler. I didn't recall hearing of a reconciliation, and since Muscle Shoals Sound Studios opened just a few months earlier, and was being used by Wexler, I'm not sure when the reconciliation occurred.

What did I miss?

9. Nick Drake fan

Nick Drake fan Forum Resident

Watched this great documentary over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. It's a must-see for fans of American roots music in particular.

No Static likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.