Music CD-Rs & -RWs for desktop CD recorders

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VeeDub, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member Thread Starter

For those of you with home theater component CD recorders that require the "music" variety of disc: Any thoughts on the most reliable or durable blanks you've found? And where for the best prices? I am curious about Rs & RWs in about any quantity (but particularly 50). Thanks.

2. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

I've had good success with Memorex music CD-R's, as well as Maxell. Best Buy, Media Play, Circuit City is where I get 'em, depending on sales, rebates offerred, etc.

Jeff

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I bought a couple of Maxell 50-disc "bricks" with slimline jewel cases at Sam's Club. So far, I've recorded maybe 20-25 CDs with them and they have all worked fine. I also bought a 10 pack of TDK music CD-RWs and had one go wacky on me, but I think it was caused by my computer CD burner acting up and erasing it improperly. Otherwise, the other CD-RWs in the pack have worked well, being successfully erased and reused a few times. (They are handy if I want a quick and dirty way to dump some analog source into the computer...record to CD-RW on the hi-fi rig, and rip into the computer.)

4. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

I have a Harman/Kardon stand alone CDR burner that requires music CDRs.

I use Fuji Film music CDRs - I usually get them 50 at a time for $17 or so. They work well enough for me. I use the same brand for CD-RW's but they are getting harder and harder to find. The only place I've been able to find them in the last year is Music For A Song a various outlets.

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I've had my Denon 1500 for nearly 4 years; I would NEVER use cheapo blanks for important or archival burning. I like Sony and TDK the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.