Music Cue Sheet Creation Software; What’s Out There?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by acvegas, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acvegas

acvegas New Member Thread Starter

What software can I use easily to generate my own music “Cue File” from a FLAC file (not a regular Compact Disc)? Can FooBar2000 easily generate one for me? In addition is there a software to automatically correct and fix errors (such as syntax errors, etc.) found on “Cue Files” produced by others?

An Additional Note: I recently downloaded "Audio Cue Sheet Editor" I am a totally confused on where to start. Note: I was able to upload a pre-made cue sheet into it to try to fix an error ....but what next; what's the next step ....I am still confused???

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I'm kind of confused myself as to what you plan to do with a cue sheet if the files don't have their origin from a CD - what exactly is the utility of a cue sheet in this scenario? I imagine this is why you may be having difficulty finding software that will do this. I'm not sure if this will do whatever you're trying to do, but check out cuetools, could be worth a shot.

shaboo likes this.
  3. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I as well would like to know for high resolution files and dsd files.

4. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

A CUE sheet is used to store certain properties of a physical medium, like indexes, gap positions and lengths , sub channel information (pre emphasis) etc.
    It simply doesn't make much sense to generate such a CUE file for some downloaded FLAC files.
    In addition, even if the source of these FLAC files is an actual CD, a correct CUE sheet cannot be constructed from these files alone, because some information (like any sub channel data) is lost.

MrRom92 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.