Music Direct, is this a good company?*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Humbuster, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chodad

chodad Hodad

I bought a refurbished PS Audio HCA-2 from them that crapped out after a week and returned it for a refund without a problem.

2. cara

cara Member

I've bought vinyl, cleaning solution and covers from them. Great service and no problem with international shipping.

3. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I've always had great service with Music Direct.

4. sentinel90125

sentinel90125 Forum Resident

They are great. Never had any problems at all.

5. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I've made several purchases from them over the years--two of them quite recent. I've never had any problems, and they are quite helpful over the phone.

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

The only thing I hate with them, elusive disc and acoustic sounds if you get a defective item you have to pay to return it. If I can buy the same thing from amazon for a similar price I always do because of this.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Even if you are doing an even exchange?

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yep, that's my experience too. What I'll typically do is try to find something else to order, so they can send it back to me with no shipping charge. They've obliged me with these requests in the past, Elusive disc has too.

I like Amazon, but they don't have many of the audiophile releases that MD/AS/ED have.

9. bearman16

bearman16 Senior Member

A+ service!!!!

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Yeah they say you have to pay to send it back and they pay to send a new one to you.

11. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus Thread Starter

Thanks all, order placed.

12. You are correct, I don't get your point. ;)

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I believe 5k are the highest price they sell. Seeing how they sell 25K record players and the like that is cheap. Do you know what "relatively" means?

14. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

That's my point, they don't sell ultra high end speakers like they do with other stuff they sell.

I don't understand why this is so hard for some people to get?

15. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Maybe think about it some more? It is not that complicated. It is funny (or maybe sad) you are trying to make a clever reply but you aren't even clever enough to figure out a simple point someone made.

16. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I don't know what's wrong with Billy today. Must have skipped breakfast. ;)

17. dale 88

dale 88 Errand Boy for Rhythm

Music Direct has always been excellent with my orders. This covers several years. When I ordered a power conditioner for my separate AV system a couple of years ago, they mistakenly sent me the wrong model. It was easy as pie to get that changed. I was impressed that my phone call immediately got bumped up to someone in charge. How often have you had that happen?

18. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus Thread Starter

Apparently not, however I do know what rude means.

J e s u s, it's only an internet forum. Save your energy for something positive.

19. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Cool, enjoy your new component. :cool::thumbsup:

20. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Re defective stuff, MD recently replaced the mis-indexed copies of the Pet Sounds MFSL SACD for free for their customers, no return necessary of the orig. disc, and no questions asked.

21. I usually skip breakfast. Listen, I understand you guys see an incongruity between selling $25,000 turntables yet maxing out at $5,000 speakers. The way I look at it, the $25,000 pieces are outliers in Music Direct's catalog. They don't have much equipment at that level and it probably represents a small fraction of their sales. Besides, most manufacturers at that level and above are pretty reluctant to sell their wares over the Internet, for whatever reason. Music Direct may not have a dealership agreement to sell the $100,000 Focal Utopia Be line, although they can sell Focal's cheaper lines, for example.

22. I say it is funny. Maybe not especially clever. Sad? I guess if you are prone it fits of depression, it could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.