Music Direct Mobile Fidelity new titles for 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jellis77, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

I've had Shake It Up for years on Ultradisc II gold cd. Are these something different?

2. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

CD version. I thought that was what was advertised a year ago. If I'm wrong, never mind.

jfeldt likes this.
  3. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

I own the Mofi cd version of The Doobies' What Were Once Vices....and it is exceptional.

JediJoker likes this.
  4. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Their silver label collection has some off beat and popular 80s titles for those tired of the same reissues. INXS Kick looks pretty cool.

patient_ot likes this.
  5. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I'm diggin' the cover photo.

6. Jasonb

Jasonb Forum Resident

I think I just bought inner sleeves one time from them this year and a great big catalog ends up in the post yesterday. Great reading though.

7. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I guess the cover says everything, Grace and Janis great picture that it is. I guess their market research has pinpointed their target audience and that audience is me (and those like me) even though I would like to see these labels spread their wings a bit more.

JediJoker and eelkiller like this.
  8. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I thought the predominant opinion was that the Jefferson Airplane albums were not well recorded, and that the Bob Irwin remasters of the "main catalog" (for me, that is five albums: takes off, surrealistic, crowns, volunteers, baxter's) were about as good as it gets. Now we get high fidelity versions that will cost 3-4x more?

9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Mofi's engineers can't do magic. The Jefferson Airplane or Janis Joplin reissues will show a minor improvement. Is it worth... I say no.

10. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I never liked those Bob Irwin remasters, to my ears they're too harsh and loud.

A friend of mine has the MFSL Surrealistic Pillow on vinyl and he's quite enthusiastic about it, so I'm expecting a relatively nice sounding SACD. The old MFSL remaster of Volunteers sounds OK to me, but I'm still interested in the upcoming MFSL SACD.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    JediJoker, MartinR and townsend like this.
  11. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

seriously they should do

Beck - Odelay
    The Jam - Setting Sons and the Gift
    REM - Fables

they have done previous titles by these artists so why not?
    Fables missing is a mystery to me! (geddit?)

aseriesofsneaks and patient_ot like this.
  12. AnotherEargazm

AnotherEargazm Forum Resident

Radiohead is a no brainer for an audiophile reissue. How about some Alice in Chains as well?

13. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

Yes Silver LP. The title has been on TBA since the winter catalog for Music Direct 2012.

14. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

That is interesting you pointed out. The cover for these catalogs and the music and equipment inside is the target audience. No Kanye West or Green day Billy Joel. The last two covers were Lennon and Springsteen.

15. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

Me, too. Might have to frame that. Or at least pin it up on my bulletin board.

16. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

I'd be up for that, too. Might be a challenge to make it sound even better than the standard WB CD, though. Probably one of the best-sounding redbook discs in my collection.

Jarleboy likes this.
  17. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

Paging through it again, I think I was. Too bad, I would have bought a digital version.. :oops:

George P and wayneklein like this.
  18. Too bad. That means the SACD will arrive in 2025.

Mmmm it could just be the backlog or the lack of decent tapes. This is why I don't preorder this stuff too early as I often
    me, too.

George P likes this.
  19. Iconic for sure although Grace would probably say something negative about it....

20. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Nothing like writing them off before they'v even been released!

Echo likes this.
  21. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

How about getting in touch with a band with a big catalogue of which most of it (everything post EMI) is under their own control: Marillion. I would love to hear MoFi or Audio Fidelity (especially because they do 5.1) tackle some of their later output like for instance the This Strange Engine album.

fredblue and serj like this.
  22. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

What did Music Direct say when you asked them about these titles?

23. KeithH

This is Claus's MO with MFSL. If Audio Fidelity had announced that Steve were mastering these titles, he would be jumping for joy.

24. KeithH

Thanks.

eelkiller likes this.
  25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, me too. About the only title that interests me.

Maybe the Airplane Volunteers. Depends on if its well liked in sq to those who have the old mfsl. Airplane is one of those groups I dont have anything but beat up old lps of. Only bought them to get a taste and didnt care for them 20 yrs ago. Now Im a fan. So a sensible purchase if the new mfsl sounds the best.

Ed Hughes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.