'Music from ABBEY: In The Red' (Pittsburgh Jazz covers album/Abbey Lincoln)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hermetech Mastering, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetech Mastering

Hermetech Mastering Mastering Engineer Thread Starter

I was recently involved in the mastering of this fantastic Jazz covers album from Pittsburgh collective, The Soy Sos Extended Ensemble. It's a multi-media performance piece including music and contemporary dance, based on the life and music of musician and civil rights activist, Abbey Lincoln:

Music from ABBEY: In The Red, by Soy Sos Extended Ensemble featuring Anqwenique

It's "multi-track" Jazz as opposed to fully live recordings, with a few sampled elements, but still very traditional in overall vibe.

I don't ever post anything I've worked on here as I don't want to spam anyone, but I genuinely feel a lot of the SH members might really dig this, and wanted to share. I'd love to hear what people think. I'm not trying to sell anything (you can stream it for free!), and am not looking for a critique of my mastering work (although feel free if you like!), but I just think it's exquisitely well performed and recorded, one of the best things I've ever had the privilege to work on. And before anyone asks, it's at exactly the level the producer/recording/mix engineer wanted and signed off on. ;) Please let me know if it's against the rules and I'll be happy to take it down.

Thanks in advance for listening or commenting,

Gregg
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.