Music Hall 1.5 turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jasonb, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonb

Jasonb Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not sure why I haven't spotted this one until recently. Really nice looking budget turntable that seems to have good reviews. Anyone have one of these? Might be worth purchasing as I'm looking for a new turntable.

2. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Yea, it's pretty new on the market so mostly just MH advertising bullets out there, but it does look to bring a lot of good features to the under $400 price point. Aluminum platter and tonearm, the tonearm s-shaped with removable headshell (no VTA adjustment ring, though). It has DC motor, so electronic speed control and 78rpm (supposedly adjustable, but not clear on that, and not clear on whether there is a feedback loop). They do claim motor isolation though, which has been a big problem on these entry level tables. Comes with preamp, defeatable, but to be seen if it is transparent when defeated. All in all, a nice package, but no real reviews yet. Wonder if Pro-Ject has a similar model coming out? I might wait a bit if I was looking, but seems very promising in that market... BTW, gotta have pictures ... :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Jasonb likes this.
  3. Jasonb

Nice Cherry Wood finish so the wife likes the look of it! I did hear it was very quiet. Seems like the Melody cartridge is made by AT but has a conical stylus that could probably do with something better.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

Jasonb likes this.
  5. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

@daytona600 The Music Hall 1.5 turntable looks to be built at the Ya Horng Electronics Co. Ltd. OEM factory in Taiwan, which was used by TEAC, Fluance, and Akai, not by Hanpin.

The Pro-Ject Debut III S turntable is probably still built in Livotel, Czech Republic.

7. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

The Music Hall MMF-1.5 looks like a Fluance RT81, probably with the RT81's 0.2% wow & flutter.

As for Pro-Ject, there's no connection. Pro-Ject appears to have an exclusive deal with the Litovel factory and Music Hall apparently does not.

8. Jasonb

9. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

The Pro-Ject appears to be the same table as the Music Hall 2.2 and 2.3 with a different arm. The Debut arms have that flush mounting on the plinth and and this has the recessed situation that many of the MH's and Pro-Jects have.

10. heavysoul

heavysoul Forum Resident

I had been eyeing the Music Hall 1.5 for a purchase. But this thread has me thinking that the less expensive Fluance RT-81 might be very similar (see above).

Anyone have a chance to use both of these tables and compare them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.