Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

If you don't like the price, don't pay it.

alanb and TheIncredibleHoke like this.
  2. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Oh, I'm not quibbling about MM pricing. I will gladly pay for whatever they have that I want.
    There is no comparison to their product.

I do, however, also like wordplay.

DeRosa likes this.
  3. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

And it was funny! I got the joke.

( i probably sound have found another post to quote, because i was speaking
    generally about the ongoing pricing debate that keeps surfacing).

4. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Dachshund Dog Dad

I seriously do not give a **** about what they price their titles at. There is nothing else that even comes close to what they deliver. I've paid much more for much less in my life. Life is too short to whine about "creative pricing" from a small company without peer.

Bryce, Thin Man, garrincha and 6 others like this.
  5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Jeff

Have you heard anything new from Acoustic Sounds?

6. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

my Grant Green Idle Moments 33 has a bad case of the crackles for the first 1/3 of side one ....bummed me out, thought it just needed a good bath but didn't seem to work...

PauGasmall likes this.
  7. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

well, not in my case

8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I love the cover. One of the best Blue Note covers in my opinion.

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

It is badass isn't it! You nailed it!

Reckoon likes this.
  10. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

My experience with that title is the same. I returned it for exchange, and the replacement's no better. Maybe it's particular to that pressing run, but it sucks, since the title track is a quiet one.:mad:

BKphoto likes this.
  11. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

The following for me:
    - the prices stay low for a long time upon initial release. Just buy them when they come out
    -both Lori and Ron have given me the best customer service ( answer questions honestly and quickly and politely )that I have ever had from pretty much any company let alone a record company
    - listening to these records which arguably sound better or at least equal to orig pressings at a fraction of the price makes me somewhat protective of them as they have seriously improved my life experience
    - the artwork alone is also daily rewarding.
    Sorry guys I simply don't understand these minor quibbles - even if you are right and they are not a perfect company surely the positives outweigh the negatives 10 fold. No ???:shh:

Steel City and DeRosa like this.
  12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Meh, that guy was so over the top. And he definitely made it sound like it was something special that we were in for. In other words, he didnt know "inside" jack squat.

mikeyt likes this.
  13. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

did they press a 33 of Hank Mobley 1568...?

14. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

I guess it all depends on your definition of special. I'm damn excited about this next batch of 33s. It's a shame they don't amount to much for you.

15. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

Blatantly hypocritical and misleading price gouging is not a minor quibble against any retailer. But yes, they have a monopoly on these amazingly well done reissues, so I'll continue to buy some titles when they are not too far from their original price. I'm not sure I understand the attitude that we shouldn't care about these bad business practices because these reissues are so good that some people seem to have. The two things are definitely mutually exclusive.

16. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

So how many titles have you bought at a premium price? None I bet. I don't understand how this effects you,
    so what's the basis of your complaint again? You're hopping mad because why exactly?

17. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

That's what I get for waiting. Had my last twelve 33 rpm in my cart for months! Cart just got 100 dollars more expensive!

18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Dude, not sure why your responding in an offended way when I wasnt even refering to you. And no its not a damn shame. Ive got all those titles save Wahoo.

On the other hand, if youre happy good deal. Im glad you have the choice to pick them up. No sour grapes on my part as far the remaining titles, as I stated before I think all in all MM is ace and did a great job. But I also dont think its a damn shame if I dont see repeating a bunch of titles that have been either mastered great on AP or MM already. What would have been special and was infered by that particular poster was that something big was coming as in new titles. That would have been special. And even so I made a passing comment initially about his comment. Then two or three others who admitted they arent that person got all up in arms about my comment lol. Goofy.

What they are ending on really is rather anti-climactic for those who have the titles already in that theyve already been mastered by either KG and SH or KG.

Now before you say its a damn shame that I dont appreciate that, sorry, but I dont appreciate repeats of what I already have purchased. Its not special to ME or many others tbh. And one more time in case it was missed: I am happy for you and others who want these repeated titles that you dont have or want on 33 or for what ever reason.

But even on a fairly anticlimactic note I still rate MM BN campaign as A #1

Capisce? ;)

AnalogJ and mikeyt like this.
  19. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Since Portrait of Sheila didn't make the final cut, what's the best sounding version to seek?

20. Krzysztof Maj

Krzysztof Maj Forum Resident

Gents, is it possible to purchase those new 33s titles per item, not by doing subscription? If so, how?

21. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

How many of the forthcoming batch of 13 have already appeared as 45rpms?

22. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

Apologies. As you had been quoting my last couple of posts I thought you were referring to me. I misunderstood. No worries here let's move on. I agree it's a A#1 campaign

mpayan likes this.
  23. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

9... so only 4 really new titles (if you don't count AP 45rpm, otherwise its 12 repeats or only 1 new)

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yes, once they are available for shipment you can order them individually.

I've been placing orders in batches of 3 in order to get free shipping. At this point, I plan to continue to do that with this new set, most of which I want. But I realize that is a slight gamble- hopefully prices will not go up in the 30 days that I'll have to wait while successive sets of two are released. I will probably call them and ask about that, although I would bet they will be circumspect about such matters..

Krzysztof Maj likes this.
  25. Krzysztof Maj

Krzysztof Maj Forum Resident

Thanks a lot for the info. I am craving to get the Wahoo!, but that's gonna be available in March 2017.