Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 13, 2014.

1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Any official release will pay a licensing fee that will partially get back to the artist.

2. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Or in the case of deceased artists (i.e., Dexter Gordon), I believe whatever licensing fees would be given to the artists' surviving family members or licensed organizations on behalf of the artist.

3. PauGasmall

PauGasmall Forum Resident

It's on sale here, as are a bunch of other ORG releases.

The Bridge (180 Gram Vinyl 1 LP)

zargoz and guidedbyvoices like this.
  4. AnalogJ

What indicates that it's the ORG? Insound is Warner/Electra's own website. They'll have Rhino reissues, but ORG is independent, as far as I know.

5. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Wow thanks! Found a 10pct coupon code too so shipped it was $19, $10 cheaper than prime shipped. That was a no brainer.

Edit - damn just saw free shipping for orders $25 and over which would have saved $6. Doh!

PauGasmall likes this.
  6. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

On the summary of that item
    “Mastered from the original master tapes, ORG Music's 180g LP presents this Bluebird/RCA classic in the finest analog sound it's ever known. Everything from each of Rollins' dip-and-dive patterns to the patter of Ben Riley's drums is heard with extreme detail and range”

PauGasmall likes this.
  7. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

look like ORG titles, it says in the descriptions. there are like 10 of them on the first vinyl page,
    Coltrane 2x45, CTI, RCA, and others with regular prices of $30-$50 that suggests they're not DOL or cheap European ones.

Two of a Mind (180 Gram Vinyl 1 LP) - Vinyl

First Light (180 Gram Vinyl 1 LP) - Vinyl

This Is Our Music (180 Gram 45 RPM 2 LP) - Vinyl

Straight Life (180 Gram Vinyl 1 LP) - Vinyl

Coltrane Jazz (Vinyl 2 LP) - Vinyl

Chet is Back! (180 Gram Vinyl 1 LP) - Vinyl

zargoz and PauGasmall like this.
  8. AnalogJ

That's fantastic, then.

9. AnalogJ

I bought the Jim Hall/Art Farmer ORG LP, plus Jeff Beck Live+ on a double LP set. Both together totaled under $30, and I got the free shipping.

10. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Shout out to @mikeyt for the amoeba jubilee heads-up for $34.99 :righton:

mikeyt and guidedbyvoices like this.
  11. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

Yes, I have it. Unfortunately, I can't compare it to any other version, but when I first spun it, I was amazed with the sound. Very up-front with excellent separation of the instruments. One of the better sounding records in my collection, and that includes quite a few MM :cool:

I can't confirm it's all-analog, but has Grundman cut anything other than analog within the jazz genre?

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  12. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Not by MM, but it was done by AP in 2009. I have the Classic Records version, which is also cut by Bernie, it's great.

Sonny Rollins - Volume 2

Agree with the others, The Bridge sounds excellent.
    Mine had this sticker
    [​IMG]

PauGasmall and guidedbyvoices like this.
  13. Ben Toscano

Ben Toscano Forum Resident

Seek out a mono original of The Bridge as well! Sounds fab and shouldn't cost you too much.

mikeyt likes this.
  14. AnalogJ

Has anyone compared the Classic Records and the ORG?

15. asindc

asindc Jazzy Cyclist

PauGasmall likes this.
  16. Cervelo

Cervelo Forum Resident

Ok, these prices are crazy cheap. Have you ordered from this company and actually received product?

17. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

They are two different titles.
    The previous poster was asking about Sonny Rollins Vol 2, which has been reissued by both Classic and MM,
    ORG did The Bridge.

18. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

No, never heard of them until this thread.
    According to their contact page, it's Warner Music's
    on-line store, since 2015.

19. I have, maybe a year or two ago. Shipment times were kinda slow (maybe 2 weeks) but order came through in fine shape and everything went well.

20. PauGasmall

PauGasmall Forum Resident

Yeah I've ordered from them before. They may not package your records the safest or ship the quickest, but you'll get the records (and at these prices, who can complain?). Someone posted the sale in another forum I follow and mentioned that he had already received the following:

Sonny Rollins - The Bridge
    Art Farmer & Jim Hall - Big Blues
    Monk - Criss-Cross
    Ornette Coleman - This is Our Music (2x45)
    Freddie Hubbard - First Light

21. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

Note, The Bridge is from ORG Music and not ORG, they are not actually the same company. I have a few ORG Music titles (including The Bridge on SACD) and I think just 2 ORG titles (Crescent and Silk and Soul). I like all of them. The jackets on the ORG LPs are of a heavier stock than on the ORG Music ones (which ain’t chopped liver themselves) but they both seem like a quality product.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  22. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I remember a previous thread on the forum about this, it seems very confusing, since there has been at least one title that BOTH companies did,
    and their sticker and logos are very similar, there must have been some connection between them, not a coincidence(?)

The label O.R.G is Original Recordings Group, and website appears to be inactive. ORG Home
    But you can get an idea of their titles from searching Acoustic Sounds which organizes by label very well.
    Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment|Acoustic Sounds

ORG Music: Org Music

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PauGasmall and dzhason like this.
  23. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

I can’t remember where I read this, but I did read somewhere that there was one company but one person involved split off and started the other company. I also don’t recall which was the original. The ORG website has had that same message on it for almost 2 years but the date as to when it will be back online does get updated periodically though. A week or two ago I sent an email to the address listed on the page to see if they were still active and the guy, I want to say James, wrote back the next day and said that they were and tha the site should be back online sometime soon. Unfortunately I can’t find the email in my inbox to see if he gave an expected time. I’m hoping they will release the Tijuana Moods 45rpm that’s been in pre-order state for the last two years on Acoustic Sounds.

DeRosa likes this.
  24. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I was looking into this some more, there is not a lot of info who or where they are on their website.
    Anyone have more tips? Not much on the discogs page. ORG Music

A bit more digging found that Eric Astor, (Furnace Record Pressing) is a partner at ORG
    https://makingvinyl.com/speaker/eric-astor/

25. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

That could be James Lizardi who is listed as the general manager on the discogs entry:
    Original Recordings Group

There seems to be a relationship with Elusive Disc as well, listed as their wholesale distributor.