Music purchased that spent the shortest time in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

“Things I Don’t Like” revision # 235

2. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

RIVER by Terry Reid, which was the CD version that came out a few years ago, no bonus tracks. It did nothing for me, so off it went to trade.

3. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

I once received an Amazon package with a Third Eye Blind CD inside. I certainly didn’t order it, so back it went. I opened the package thinking it was something I may have ordered (back then, I ordered so much, it was hard to keep track). I’d like to think I’m honest enough that I would have returned it even if it were by someone I liked, but I definitely would have been tempted.

Edit- I didn’t pay for it, should have read the first post more carefully

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The only CD that I've ever bought and then immediately got rid of was something by Merzbow. I don't remember which album specifically, but it was literally painful to listen to.

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Clapton - Backless.

Great review on Rolling Stone: I found it insipid and boring. It was gone within the week.

6. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

I agree about River and later Terry Reid albums but I am partial to Super Lungs: The Complete (Early) Recordings 2CD set. The second CD contains unreleased tracks remixed for this set and they sound stunning.

aussievinyl and phillyal1 like this.
  7. RudolphS

RudolphS Forum Resident

Some pretty weird picks in this thread for worst purchases ever. CCR's Chronicle, Mark Lanegan's Phantom Radio, Björk, Portishead's Dummy, The Best of R.E.M, early Residents albums, Sugar, Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Amy Winehouse, the red & blue Beatles comps....I mean, really guys?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  8. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

I sell albums that I dislike and/or know that I will never play again. Why have filler in your collection?

phillyal1 likes this.
  9. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

Badly drawn boy

10. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

How do you know what you will find good in the future?

11. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

I don't see it as filler. Besides the "soundtrack of my life" argument, I also buy music to share with friends and family, and I'm not a fan of everything they like . . . and as drad dog said, how do you know?

12. sunking101

I know my tastes and if an album doesn't show any promise after a few spins it gets sold. I don't like clutter.:D

13. sunking101

Fair enough. I'm just saying what I do. My collection is personal to me but if I was married then I guess some of my wife's stuff would find itself in there...on its own shelf.:D

14. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

Venus & Mars (the recent remaster) - Paul McCartney

it sounded good, but this pressing run had a small skip on Magneto and Titanium Man and i have a zero-tolerance policy for that. Drove back that same day and got All Things Must Pass instead, not the greatest mastering but a better record and more bang for my buck.

Definitely glad now, as i rarely feel like listening to McCartney solo or with Wings now. I have BOTR and the Rockshow bluray for those occasions. Harrison's work has held up better than Paul's of the time.

15. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

I have recently rediscovered Al Kooper's solo albums that were in my collection. Fantastic artist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.