My Audio Electric. Supply Listing on audiogon

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by woody, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstube&1199539424

Audio Electronic Supply Superamp Signature wired in Triode. Original version that is three years old, bought new from Upscale Audio. It puts out about 20 watts per channel with KT88s but is able to run a variety of other tubes including el34, 6v6, 6550, etc. Manual bias with included cord but you'll need a multimeter. Biasing is quick and easy and I've found the amp to hold the bias rock steady. I am selling as I've upgraded to a McIntosh mc275. The Superamp compares favorably with the McIntosh in the midrange with an incredible smoothness and life like imaging but does not have the bass thump of the much larger and more expensive McIntosh. The amp works perfectly and looks near perfect with no scratches , etc. I am including original tube compliment which have very low hours as well as a nearly new quad set of matched el34s, a set of vintage Mullard driver tubes, and six matched vintage Pope 6v6gt tubes. ALSO HAVE ADDED A LIGHTLY USED SET OF VINTAGE SEIMENS EL84 TUBES. All tubes were bought new from Upscale Audio and cost a couple of hundred dollars new. They will provide a chance to tube roll and voice the amp to your liking. I have the original manual with notes on biasing the various tubes included. I do not have the original box but will double box, etc. I prefer paypal and will pay any paypal fees at my asking price. Shipping fees will be added to the asking price. Shipping weight provided is a rough estimate. there is much more info about this amp on upscale audio's website.

if anyone's interested pm me or via the email at audiogon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.