My Biggest dissapointment about the Beatles Anthology DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

Is that there was no press release for reissues of Help!, MMT, or Let it Be.
    Not to mention the way overdue remastering of the Beatles on a high resolution audio format!

I'm going to make a bold prediction, we'll see Let it Be on DVD right around Christmas 2004.

2. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I'd bet on Xmas 2003, along with the "Despectorized" Let It Be CD. (fingers crossed)

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Are you talking about the old Let It Be video / laserdisc (long out of print) that is supposed to be coming out in the fall on DVD?

4. Beatlesfan03

Beatlesfan03 New Member

Re: Re: My Biggest dissapointment about the Beatles Anthology DVD

Well...

Judging by Apple's "fast" ability to get the product out. I'd say we see the "Let It Be" movie and No Spector'd disc probably in time for the film's 35th anniversary in 2005. Even that might be a stretch! :)

In all seriousness there was an article in the Arts & Entertainment section of the local paper on Friday and it stated (from Neil Aspinall) that "Let It Be" was indeed the next project. It also said that the recently discovery of tapes from the sessions (most likely the recently recovered Nagra reels) would make up a good chunk of the special features on the disc.

I can't imagine too much tweaking would need to be done with the film of "Let It Be." It was remastered around the time they were putting the Anthology together in the early 90s. I worked at a record store during the initial Anthology release and had a friend at EMD (who scored me some nice promo items) who told me what they had in store for the Beatles catalogue and with the exception of the videos in late '96, nothing else ever came up. "Let It Be" was supposed to be released in '96 along with an overhaul of the Beatles catalogue and another volume of BBC tapes. There was also plans for a box set that included all the CDs and a companion book for the Anthology (I'm guess the book that eventually came out).

Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us.

Craig

5. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Re: Re: Re: My Biggest dissapointment about the Beatles Anthology DVD

What is EMD? Do you mean EMI? Just wondering--I was following along until I reached this. Thanks!:)

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

EMD is part of EMI. I think "EMD" means the branch that handles catalog stuff, but I could be wrong. I just know I've had dealings with the EMD publicity department, so EMD is the correct term...

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Re: Re: Re: My Biggest dissapointment about the Beatles Anthology DVD

Naugra reels :) :nauga: :nauga:

8. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Biggest dissapointment about the Beatles Anthology DVD

Good one Jamie! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Beatlesfan03

Beatlesfan03 New Member

You're right Colin. It stood for EMI Music Distribution to be exact. :)

Craig

10. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Then, of course, there was also the British group EMF, but that's a totally different subject....!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.