My Bloody Valentine Loveless Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beastmittens, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

What a completely speculative post..

Defrance and LibertyKrell like this.
  2. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

:hide:

Defrance and englishbob like this.
  3. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

ok I see nothing obvious - what clues might there be to the pressing plant? If you can fill me in on what I should be looking for I'll see if my inexpert eye and other senses can discern anything. no promises. I am looking forward to listening to this - I did get a quick listen to only shallow earlier and was not disappointed. I'm not an expert though as I've said.

4. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

The matrix numbers any other deadwax marks would be the key. Mind writing those off for us?

5. zombiemodernist

zombiemodernist Forum Resident

Interesting they kept the gatefold adaptation from the Plain reissue. The only good thing about that pressing IMO. Looks like it’s on a semi-glossy called stock? Sorry design nerd here geeking out.

Gavinyl likes this.
  6. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

a. MBV 0217 XX8S A3 =MATT @ Alchemy= BH 97159-01A (plus small tick subscript.)
    b. MBV 0217 XX8S B1 BH97 156-01B (plus small tick subscript)

String starting BH not 100% as it's handwritten. Both sides also have very smal mark which looks like = followed by small backwards 7.

Ok - that's everything my eyes can see in the runout. Label has made in the eu under the 2017 mbv records copyright.

englishbob likes this.
  7. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

How can Matt Colton from Alchemy have anything to do with this...I’m confused!

The lacquers were cut by Sean Magee...no!?! I would have thought it would have ‘i...i’ in the deadwax? Anyone know how this works?

My only thinking is that they originally used Sean Magee but he couldn’t do what Kevin Shields wanted....so he then maybe had it done by Alchemy instead?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

my copy has just been delivered! I'll provide the salient information later when I get the chance

Gavinyl and It's Felix like this.
  9. Black Stripes

Black Stripes Forum Resident

That's an Optimal Media matrix scheme.

10. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

Can't wait just can't. Will some play and test it

11. englishbob

Random deliveries today in the UK and elsewhere.

Plymouth, London, Dublin (outside of the UK) and NI

My parents still get two post deliveries per day and live about 12 miles away from me. I'm lucky if the post turns up at all most days, and I'm in the middle of a town

First class is 2 days, 2nd class is whenever mate

crimsondonkey likes this.
  12. zombiemodernist

You hit the nail on the head with Kevin being unpleased. He made this clear to Pitchfork.

“We worked with the very same people who did the Beatles stuff and used the same equipment they used, but I didn’t really get what I needed from that. The quality of the Beatles stuff was very, very good, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to work for everybody. What makes it really good for some kinds of music makes it not very good for other kinds.”

Assuming that was the huge delay from the Abbey Road stuff being posted to this release.

Full article here.

Defrance and richbdd01 like this.
  13. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

In Dublin ordered on 15 january

14. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Hurry!

15. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I didn’t read the whole article, didn’t realise they completely abandoned Abbey Road...thanks for the info, that would explain it then! :)

kannibal likes this.
  16. zombiemodernist

Interesting reason too. He pretty much said the cuts from Sean were too wooly, and lacked attack/energy. I don’t think of the Beatles Mono cuts as “warm” or “wooly” but it’s not my album after all! I know Alchemy has a very clear sonic signature from the work I’ve heard out of the studio.

richbdd01 likes this.
  17. englishbob

Ordered 11th October and "shipped" on 15th.

Its OK, providing its here tomorrow it'll be fine and the weekend is still alright, otherwise I'll start to feel aggrieved!

18. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

You will get soon.then shoot out with 91 vinyl.

19. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I remember seeing the shots of Sean Magee with the tape reels and still had it in my head he did them. Yes, it will be interesting to hear the Alchemy cut. At least, a lot of care was taken in doing these. I wish more artists took the time and effort.

kannibal and HappyCycler like this.
  20. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Yes me too. I think I shared his tweets too. I assumed he complete them. Oh well

kannibal and richbdd01 like this.
  21. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I have a whole stack of records coming in the post...I think about 9 in total, so I’m probably going to have to fit some listening time in for these two....

It's Felix likes this.
  22. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Anyone from the US receive their order? Trying to determine should I just order now from website or wait until it appears within US distributors...

23. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Take all the time you need guys, it's not like people have been waiting forever to find out how this sounds or anything.

24. englishbob

Classic thread yesterday of those that got their order didn't get time to play them, surrounded by folk that would of put it on instantly as soon as it arrived. It's always like this, in any medium!

I received an interesting SMS text alert this morning from Royal mail saying delivery of an item will be attempted today, from onepost.com

Tracking reveals it is a Royal Mail 48 tracked service that originated from around the Manchester area but didn't arrive there until Friday.

Random

25. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey Forum Resident

I wouldn’t get too excited Bob, it’ll just be your special mail order meds ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.