My "find du jour"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tim_neely, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Today I took the long hike to Appleton (it's about an hour, one way, from my home) for one of my periodic shopping trips. My main purpose was to start finding Christmas CDs that only come from certain stores that don't exist any closer to me. For example, I got the annual Hallmark Christmas CD, this year sung by Steven Curtis Chapman, to keep my collection complete. (I have all the CDs since 1988, which appears to be the first year the Hallmark Christmas collection came out on CD, and all the LPs from 1985 to 1991, which appears to be the last year that it came out on vinyl.) Plus I picked up the annual CD from the Kohl's department store chain. I already have four (!!) exclusive compilations from Target for 2003, and eventually I'll pick up the True Value Hardware (this year should be Happy Holiday, Volume 38) and Walgreens collections (at least).

But my CD finds of the day had nothing to do with Christmas.

-- Pink Floyd The Dark Side of the Moon hybrid SACD -- the non-US, non-Crest pressing -- at Best Buy for $13,99. All but two of the copies they had were the Japanese pressing, so they are still out there.
    -- The Zombies Greatest Hits on Audio Fidelity for $12.99. I've picked up so many AF CD's for free from our Goldmine CD Bonanzas (Ritchie Valens, Donovan, Sci-Fi in Hi-Fi, Sonny Clark and the Peter Green tribute, and maybe the Lightnin' Hopkins, I'll have to check), that the least I could do is actually buy one for a change! :laugh:
    -- But my best find of the day was in an indie store that just started selling used CDs... the Ray Charles Uh-Huh! collection, in its 2-CD, double-width jewel box glory, for only $5.99! I've got it on right now ... and Brother Ray has never sounded better! Uh-huh, uh-huh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.