My Foobar setup with pics - Computer Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by portisphish, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

I would say The DarkOne skin is generally too graphic heavy for a lower resolution monitor You could try switching the center panel and the lower left panel with each other. This puts the album art in the center and the track info in the bottom left corner without the graphics, which may give you enough room.

This is an easy default switch, but please see the manual on how to switch them. If you look at the photo in my link to The DarkOne or the home page, it’s the bottom image of the 2 screen caps.

2. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

That's the most important organizational element to me, being able to browse by different criteria, e.g. album artist, artist, album, genre, and composer.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Thank you!

4. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

Call me simple but this all I want to look at. The beauty of Foobar is the swiss army knife like file conversion and simple playback ability.

5. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

Just like mine, but I have the background in white

6. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

I actually have two installations; one plain and one heavy graphic. I call them Foobar2000 and Foobar Sever. Just depends on who's using it.

Played around with the graphic version a bit today.

[​IMG]

7. Grant

I freaking give up! I just spent two good hours trying to set it up, but whenever I attempt to install the fcl file, it says that it can't because I don't have several things installed. So, I went to the pdf file and followed the instructions as closely as possible...except it mentions to right-click on buttons and categories that don't seem to exist! Yes, I have the latest stable of Fooobar installed. Eeeyiii!

There's gotta be someone out there who wrote an exectuable version of Foobar that is already configured with a visual style with all the functionality!

8. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Same here. Once I found out about it I haven't used anything else.

9. Foobar is FUBAR.

I gave up on it when I realized I needed a degree in computer science to do things like play an mp3.

I keep the program on my computer to do file conversions from time to time.

I strongly urge you to check out MediaMonkey. Does everything that foobar does but WAY more user friendly. And it's customizable too.

chaz and HAmmer like this.
  10. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

GreenDrazi, how do you get artist pictures as background images?

11. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

What I like about foobar is that it is as simple as it can with all options that a user who needs to change something (playback, customization, formats, outputs, etc, etc). If you use it default it will play mp3 as long as you have your sound device configured and necessary codecs

12. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

Oh and the thing that made me look for something different that winamp a few years ago was the fact that when you drag/drop songs it mixes them up, cant stand that. Using cue files with it was a pain also

13. GreenDrazi

By default, it looks for a file in your folder called artist.jpg. You can change the default file search name to something else ("right click\settings" in the panel), but you’ll have to read the manual on how to do this.

Unfortunately, what it currently does not allow is for a search for more than one file name which would allow it to use, say, "folder.jpg" if "artist.jpg" is not found.

14. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Is there a way to go through your music collection and download them automatically?

15. Grant

Why would you download what you already have?:confused:

16. jfall

jfall Forum Resident

Download the pictures

17. Grant

You didn't specify what you said. You used the word "them". Them what? Now I know. Thanks.

18. GreenDrazi

Not that I’m aware of. I don’t think it’s a standard.

I first copied/renamed all of my folder.jpg’s to artist.jpg and have slowly changed out the images. Somehow the ladies always seem to upgraded first.

An app like AlbumArtDownloader can help speed up finding art, but does this on an album by album basis.

You could also use art from last.FM. Select "BIO" for the right hand panel and you can save the art shown there. I use "BIO" often, so I try to not use the images found there. But again, this is on an album by album basis.

19. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident Thread Starter

Grant. If you can do needledrops, you can do this. Not sure if the theme I'm using is something you'd be interested in, or not, but you can do it. Some simple steps that I posted earlier in the thread.

Bob......I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. Isn't there an option in your unzipping program on where you want the files to be extracted to? You should choose extract to....foobar themes folder.

The following is being copied from the first link I posted.

You'll need to pick up the components from here and put them in your components subfolder:
    Facets (foo_facets.dll) - http://foobar2000.audiohq.de/foo_facets/
    - Used for the top genre, artist, and album filtering.

Playback Statistics (foo_playcount.dll) - http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount
    -Used to keep track of song ratings and statistics.

EsPlaylist (foo_uie_esplaylist.dll) - http://foo2k.chottu.net/
    -Used for the bottom album art-enabled playlist.

Remeber this is a "DEFAULT" viewer NOT Columns UI. So....remeber that when you go into foobar and configure it.

You'll get it.

20. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident Thread Starter

I use MP3tag for my album art tagging. My computer audio player is not connected to the internet, so I tag all of my files with the album art that I want. Unlike DBpoweramp....MP3tag allows me to save album art to all the files in a particular folder at once.

I also noticed that although I said I had my Files organized...they werent really. Look now, how the beatles albums are sorted by year and versions....I have the mono and stereo CD versions as well as mono and stereo needledrops of many of the albums. makes it easy to compare different versions.

I really like some of your guys setups, but I really wanted to have quick access, by sight, to my collection. This is the best way for me to do this. Then, once I have made my selections....the screen can be shut off, and it's just like listening to a cd or lp....or a few cd's or lp's...:)

[​IMG]

21. rd1

rd1 Forum Resident

Thanks for your reply Randy, I tried that once already and it wouldn't accept the file.

Been working long hours lately, will retry maybe this weekend, and thanks again for your help.

Bob

22. Hi Bob,

It's possible that the foobar folder is "administrator only" - mine is. This would stop you from unzipping to that folder with standard permissions

Extract the file to your desktop, and then try dragging into the foobar folder, clicking on the permissions dialog box, or alternatively adjust your user settings to give your login name administrator rights (control panel>>user accounts>>manage accounts>>change an account>>change account type>>administrator) and then try unzipping to foobar

Hope that helps

23. krii1988

krii1988 New Member

[​IMG]

Here's my modest setup. Waveform seekbar is a tremendous thing!

24. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

agree.:righton:

25. Paradiddle

Paradiddle Forum Resident

Wow, this layout is pretty great. Can you provide any tips for how to go about setting it up like this? Is this using the Default UI or Columns UI?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.