My friend's boombox frenzy

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ghostworld, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

My friend was a big Beastie Boys fan. I haven't spoken with him in a few years and we were talking about the picture of the Beasties Boys with their JVC M90 boombox, which I owned (top right in the photo!). Turns out, my friend started a boombox collection a few years ago. He said I could share this photo he sent me. It was too awesome not too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    keef00, nitsuj, jeffreybh and 9 others like this.
  2. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Oh wow, that's so cool. I can not find a good boom box like any of those, they made cassettes sound really good.

GuildX700 likes this.
  3. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I used to borrow my friends high end JVC "boom box" to record my band, it was metal tape capable quite early on for metal tapes and actually had some pretty good mics in it.

I still have those recordings on cassette and they sound pretty amazing considering the source. There is even a fairly descent stereo separation.

Personally, I would not actually call those high end JVC's "boom boxes" though, they were quite expensive compared to the normal boom boxes of the day and fairly high quality in build and sound and recording capabilities.

4. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I had a Sony boombox back in the day - think I got it for my 9th birthday 30 years ago! I used to love it

5. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I had a Sharp GF-8585. Really a good-sounding boombox. Had honest 5wpc, great radio reception and a neat song search function. Even had a phono input that worked perfectly to which I had a Sansui P50 TT hooked up.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.