My guitar sounds good through my new MF amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RalphNYC, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphNYC

RalphNYC Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It's not billed as a guitar amp, but man does it ROCK with my Harbeth P3s through a good modern guitar preamp that outputs a mono balanced signal post all effects, amp and cab simulators to the balanced input on the M6si.

[​IMG]

james, alan967tiger and davechen like this.
  2. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Is that Tele vintage or a worn relic? Either way, a cool guitar.

Coricama likes this.
  3. JonP

JonP Active Member

Excellent. But everything sounds great through MF amplification! Actually I notice your new amp and speakers were two components I chose in that $15K system thread! Hope you really enjoy it all. I know I would.

4. RalphNYC

The tele is from Feb 1951. One of the earliest nocasters. The bridge pickup is very hot. It had a pro refret before I got it and it plays incredibly well. I haven't found a modern guitar that I prefer. Kind of a smaller neck, and a portly 8.5 pounds of mean raucus tele goodness. I may move up to a stereo modeler - in rack form - and put it on the empty bottom shelf. But I would miss the built in drum machine and looper of the Zoom.

George Blair and davechen like this.
  5. davechen

davechen Forum Resident

Oh man! A 1951 nocaster!

6. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I feel in awe just looking at that guitar :eek: :cool:

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

You're going to blow those speakers. I would get a real guitar amp pronto with speakers that are designed to take it.

8. RalphNYC

I will heed your advice. But out of curiousity why will it blow the speakers? The modeling gear is designed to be plugged into a power amp and hi quality monitors found I studios.

9. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Nice setup. I have both the MF integrated and the Harbeths on my short list.

10. timind

timind phorum rezident

To paraphrase Isaac Hayes, that amp's a bad mother fu...shut your mouth...

McLover likes this.
  11. AnotherEargazm

AnotherEargazm Forum Resident

That's one killer axe right there.

12. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

You took the words right out of my mouth. A friend of mine tried to play his Fender Stratocaster through his hifi system using a mic jack in the front of the panel of the receiver. He had it connected to a pair of large Advent speakers and the frequency of the guitar pickups destroyed the tweeters in the speaker cabs.

Hifi drivers and guitar speakers are completely different animals. I would advise that he cease and desist this activity immediately. Otherwise he is going to have a costly repair job.

Ghostworld and Steve Hoffman like this.
  13. gingerly

gingerly Change Returns Success

I'll just add that I think a guitar like that deserves some tubes. Maybe a vintage Fender Champ or a Korg/Vox AC15, for home use?

14. JamieLang

JamieLang Forum Resident

You lost me at digital modelling DI and sounds good.

:angel:

T'mershi Duween and Seafinch like this.
  15. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

+1

16. RalphNYC

Oh I've had and still have plenty of real amps and I've been through the gamut of modelers including Axe FX, Kemper and Atomic and have gigged with digital and tubes and solid state amps and preamps including combos of going just to front-of-house or just amp or both.

And what I've learned after this long and fun experiment is: the sound is all in the hands.

Abhijit Nath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.