My J&R Rolling Stones order shipped YESTERDAY

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dolstein, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member Thread Starter

With a little luck, I just might get this tomorrow.

In any event, only 9 of the 22 titles I ordered shipped. The titles that shipped are: Hot Rocks, Metamorphosis, Let it Bleed, Beggar's Banquet, Their Satanic Majesty's Request, Between the Buttons (UK), Aftermath (US), Aftermath (UK), and Big Hits: High Tide and Green Grass.

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

with all the titles ordered, will you be the resident reviewer?:)

3. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member Thread Starter

Actually, I'm probably not the best person to review these titles. For one thing, I don't have an SACD player. And I'm REALLY interested in hearing how the SACD layer sounds compared to the redbook layer. For another, I really don't have much to compare these new discs against. I got rid of all of my old ABCKO CDs, and while I have a most of the old import CD's, I suspect that many people do not. Hopefully there's somebody out there who has an SACD player, as well has the old ABKCO CD's and perhaps some original vinyl pressings too.

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I'm just not fully familiar with the whole Stones output, I'm just looking for some input on which are the better discs musically. The only one I ever owned was Satanic Majesties ( the brother to Sgt. Peppers). Boy I loved that original cover!

5. GregY

GregY New Member

Let It Bleed
    Beggars Banquet
    and Aftermath (go with the UK version)
    are all amazingly solid albums. Can't go wrong there.

Depends on your tastes though. I'm less interested in the earlier stuff and will be happy with the singles from those years. Your mileage may vary. Still I can't see how you can go wrong with those 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.