My New Orangutan O/93 Speakers and XX2 Cartridge

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Erocka2000, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Erocka2000, how do you like your Emotiva CD deck?

I've thought about getting the current version of that (ERC-3?) connected via balanced cable (yes!) to the appropriate Emotiva amplification.

2. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The ERC-1 is a good player. Though I can't say I use it very often these days. I haven't really had much exposure to higher end players, so I can't really say how it stacks up. I have been thinking about getting an Oppo soon so I can have a universal solution, allowing me to play all types of digital formats.

3. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

See, this is how upgraditis starts. Soon you will get a Shindo amp to replace your Line Magnetic. ;)

In all serious, those are superb speakers. Enjoy! :cheers:

Erocka2000 likes this.
  4. Erocka2000

I'd have to bumped up to a higher tax bracket if I'm ever going to be able to afford some Shindo amps. I do have my eyes set on the Line Magnetic 518IA, however. ;)

5. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

6. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Beautiful, best of luck with it all!

7. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Best bet would be an LM 515...it is stellar with everything and would be a perfect fit in your system. It literally blurs the line between digital and analog. It really is that good!

8. Erocka2000

As nice as that amp is, I think I want a little more than 15 watts, just to be sure I don't run out of steam on some of my heavier music. The 518IA is about 22 watts and also single ended, which I think would really sound lovely with the O/93s. If I were to get a Shindo SET, it would upwards of $10,000.

I would love that player, Art, but I can't say I listen to CDs all that often these days. It would be tough to justify the expense. Maybe if a nice used one pops up in the future. Also, living in a small Brooklyn apartment, my system has to share duties with my tv, so with the Oppo, I'd be getting an excellent blu-ray player as well. One day in the future, when I can have a dedicated listening room, I would definitely think more about getting the 515. It looks like a magnificent piece of gear. I assume yours is breaking in nicely?

9. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

It is breaking in very well. It's so good that my dealer, an analog guy, uses the 515 and his analog rig interchangeably. I can't believe how good it is at the modest outlay. I totally get your space constraints but the difference between the 515 and an Oppo is significant. Perhaps a tuner that takes up less space.

10. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

A friend in Vancouver has an all-Shindo set-up driving these Auditorium 23 Hommage 755s which are 95dB I think, so yeah, 15W will go farther with 95dB than 93dB. 22W should be perfect:

[​IMG]

11. Schwartz36

Schwartz36 New Member

Erocka,

Mind telling us what you paid? Or send me a pm please. Thanks!

Steve

12. Erocka2000

I tried to PM you, but it doesn't seem you can accept messages yet. I'd rather not post it in this thread, though.

13. Schwartz36

Schwartz36 New Member

I think it's because I am brand new to this forum.

I have an account on the AVS form, you and send me a PM there if you have an account. My user name is coup36

Or, just send an email. My address is [email protected]

Thanks!

14. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Hey Steve! Are you looking for a pair of 0/93's?

15. Schwartz36

Schwartz36 New Member

Yeah, the o/93's are on my short list of speakers I'm considering for an upgrade. They are also the only on my list that I have not had the opportunity to listen to in person but of course I'm intrigued by all the positive comments. I using a new tube amp and want to find a nice set of efficient speakers to match.

16. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Demoed a pair of the O/93s with the Leben CS 600 and a Well Tempered Amadeus GTA/EMT JSD6 cart last week. Beautiful, organic and textured sound. They get close to the O/96s I have in for review right now.

17. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

If you have any specific questions on the 93's, shoot me a message (or email)...... does not appear that you can get PM's on here yet.

crestwood23 likes this.
  18. Schwartz36

Schwartz36 New Member

If only I could listen to them via email! Ha!

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  19. Schwartz36

Schwartz36 New Member

BTW. I'm sorry that I dug up such an old thread. I think this one had been dead for about a year. And thanks for the replies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.