My "New" Sansui QRX-9001 Receiver

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by quadjoe, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm very, very pleased with Jim's work. I have a QRX-6001 that was restored by someone else, who did a good job, but was unable to do anything with the CD-4 section, which has trouble maintaining carrier lock. Since I have the 9001, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I have no place for a second quad receiver.

I too have been building up my library of quad Lps; I just picked up a copy of John Lennon Imagine in SQ. It's an Australian pressing and is being sent from there. It's supposed to be here in about two weeks. I've bought from the UK before but this is my first experience with an Aussie seller.

2. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

3. clgoss77

clgoss77 Forum Resident

Awesome. I recently found a CD-4 of Jackson Browne's Late For The Sky (one of my favorite JB albums) and SQs of Chicago Transit Authority and Dylan's Nashville Skyline. So excited.

4. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member Thread Starter

Good choices. I have all of those as well. If you don't have it already, allow me to suggest the SQ version of Blood Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits, it's a really nice mix and sounds great. Also, it's not a quad release, but Alan Parson's Project I, Robot played through the QS decoder is eye opening. I've often wondered if it was encoded because it decodes so well, but everything I've ever read about it says no. Since where I live is a long way from any record stores (FYE has a very small section), I usually buy on eBay. I've had pretty good luck, though two CD-4 discs I bought were trashed (Melissa Manchester and Tubular Bells.) Not bad odds with the over 100 records I've bought that way. BTW, Tubular Bells is one of the few records that was issued in both SQ and CD-4, with the CD-4 being somewhat more rare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.