My new system is almost complete! Pictures!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Geoman076, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I was wondering about that. Nice perk over the standard felt mat on my 7.

2. audio

audio New Member

Exactly.

3. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

Great! When the turntable is turning I'm having a Hoffman board get together. I know Sckott is close enough also:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

4. jazzypaul

jazzypaul New Member

You are correct. However, even this proud libertarian, laissez-faire capitalist can tell you the following...

If it costs $5 to make, and they sell it for $80, then you're looking at a 1600% profit from the original investment. Even by the time you figure in the costs that the distributor and store pay, even if they double the original investment every time, that'd be $15. Charging $80 is price gouging. Not that this doesn't happen in the audiophile world constantly...

By the way, Geoman, nice system. Sure beats my 10 year old Harmon/Kardon setup...

5. audio

audio New Member

Standard dealer markup for "audiophile" gear is usually around 40% or worse. I've never seen a product with a $150 dealer cost go for $800.

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This is true, it is not the dealer. The manufacturer is the culprit here. Shakti stones are another big gouge...hundreds of dollars for a polished stone.:laugh:

7. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Very nice system. I have that amp...it's awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.