“My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman” premieres Friday, January 12th on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

2. AKA

3. AKA

Howard Stern episode available today.

4. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Watched the Stern episode last night and greatly enjoyed it. We let Netflix continue on afterward and saw the Seinfeld episode (which I don't recall hearing about), and Tina Fey episode which I had never gotten around to watching. I liked all of them that I've seen.

AKA and Myke like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The Seinfeld was a nice bonus surprise. :agree:

AKA and applebonkerz like this.
  6. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Wish Dave didn't ignore Sterns question about if he considered doing the new show without an audience.

Glad the Jerry interview was also available. So far it's my favorite out of all of them.

MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  7. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Great interview with Howard, who seemed “real” to me. Abrupt and awkward ending to the interview, though, and the whole Utah thing had me shaking my head.

Vidiot likes this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'd really like to be able to see all of these shows in whatever length they actually took place in, but i guess that was reserved only for the people in the audience. :shrug:

MRamble likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I thought there was some hatchet-like editing going on in the Howard Stern interview for sure. And in the Seinfeld interview, the mics were on the verge of feedback throughout, which I found very distracting. They made some odd technical choices for these shows.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i felt like the edits were far worse in the jay-z special. maybe there was too much rambling? either way i felt like i had ADD while trying to follow.

Vidiot likes this.
  11. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

The Stern interview was more introspective than most. Dave should definitely lose the audience, and these shows should run as long as they took to do. The edits are jarring. It seems like they left out so much Stern history-and nothing about Imus? At all?

bpmd1962 and MRamble like this.
  12. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I so wished he did this show without an audience. He panders too much and is slowly reverting back to his final years on the late show again. But I get it...this is supposed to be fun and easy for Dave not hard work.

Right now the Seinfeld one is my favorite because Dave gets pushed back by Jerry in moments. Everyone else besides maybe Stern is so reverential to Dave in all these interviews. Meh. That was what the last year of the big show was.

MikaelaArsenault and bpmd1962 like this.
  13. AKA

Nominated for Best Informational Series or Special, competing with Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson and Vice.
    [​IMG]

frankfan1, MikaelaArsenault and Myke like this.
  14. Tin Whisker

Tin Whisker Forum Resident

Anyone heard any rumors about Season 2?

15. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I can't believe I'm saying this--as a huge Dave fan--but I wouldn't necessarily be upset if the show didn't come back.

16. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

yeah..me too..i'm a great fan of Letterman..i think he's the best, after Johnny, for talk show.....i saw one or maybe 1 1/2 of his interview show..and....seemed liked he kiss-assed and asked not good questions..and it wasn't funny....seems like it was something he wanted to do..and that's cool.....as far as i'm concerned.....anyplace he goes or is....he's cool...

MRamble likes this.
  17. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Clean shaven of course

Jrr and bpmd1962 like this.
  18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

19. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Meh. Liked it at first, lost interest as it went on.

Vahan likes this.
  20. AKA

We now know who at least one of his guests this season will be: Ellen DeGeneres.

MRamble likes this.
  21. AKA

22. A bit off topic but I wonder if the Dave produced Norm MacDonald Netflix show will be back as well..

23. George P

George P Notable Member

I hope so! I miss that old chunk of coal.

24. AKA

A cancellation hasn’t been announced, so hopefully no news is good news.

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

any word on guests?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.