Nagaoka MP-500 cartridge

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VinylSoul, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Regarding Nagaoka replacement stylus, I can provide to all of people who want Nagaoka replacement stylus.

Moreover, I will offer wonderful price to my customer :):):)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

TRUE, his prices for the MP stylus (150/200/300/500) are unbelievable low. Its very tempting to order a MP300 cartridge and when 'very' satisfied of the Nagaoka sound you can order a MP500 stylus for about 200$.... changing a stylus like the one I have now 'Ortofon 2M blue' costs me 200$, thats about 70% of the complete cartridge price...

kazu likes this.
  3. nahoo

nahoo New Member

According to the spec in their website both cartridges have the same tracking ability (80 microm). Should they not track the same? Could it be theat it depends on the match arm-cartridge?

4. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

Dear Kazu,

Could you offer a protractor to align these Nagaoka cartridges ?
    I would like to mount this on my Pro-ject 2.9 xperience wood or/and my Thorens TD150

5. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Dear Michel,

My TT is Rega RP6 so I have never had experience about Pro-ject and Thorens.
    I use Baerwald protractor with Nagaoka on my RP6.
    IMO, the Baerwald protractor is bigger sound improvement than I could ever expect. More relaxed sound, compared to Stevenson.

6. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

Can you use a MP-500 stylus on a MP-200 cartridge body? Also, anybody compared Ortofon 2M Black to MP-500?

7. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

IMO, we should not swap Nagaoka stylus. Because there is difference in all MP series stylus. For example, MP300 stylus and MP200 stylus look same, both cantilevers are boron, diamond tips are elliptical. But each material of "damper" is different. Regarding body, also there is difference in all MP series. I think that we should accept the sound is tuned by Nagaoka rather than by amateur.

Best regards,
    Kazu

8. Doggo

Doggo Member

Eh. No. ;)

Arm almost the same as your--Project 10cc Evolution. 2M black cart is just poorly designed, tip mass way too high. Disappointed here, really wanted to like. Aligned per Fremer's method w/ usb microscope, chekced with oscilloscope, the whole shebang. Diamond inspected ok on dealer's microscope. My old Shures (v15vxmr, v15vmr) tracked circles around this cart. No NOS styli left, and the jico replacements are nasty sounding in comparison--bright and unmusical. Stepping up the foodchain now, done with mm carts. This arm and TT deserve better. Borrowed a Dynavector XX-2 for a week--much nicer. :) Except for price. :D Might drop down to 17D3 if I can get one on trial.

9. DonC

DonC Forum Resident

Well, I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience with your 2M. I am sure you'll enjoy the Dynavectors.

10. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

11. Slack

Slack Forum Resident

I have an Mp500 on a Jelco 750D ten inch and a Technics SP10.I have also run it in a Logic DM101.

I think it sounds excellent .Fresh,fast and open sounding with very precise timing and none of the artificial bloom you get from many MC cartridges.
    The sound has surprised me.I was expecting something a little more romantic sounding but am getting something that is tonally neutral.It seems to be a great match for the sP10 because it reveals how precise and real these decks can sound with a correspondingly accurate sounding cartridge.The MP500 has a dead flat frequency response and this honesty shows through with the right turntable and phono stage.
    With belt drive turntables like my Logic and Project you will get a softer and more romantic sound .
    I am loving the immediate sound I am getting in my SP10 however.In this regard it is the most "real' sounding cartridge I have used.
    A bit similar in sound to my Soundsmith rebuilt Supex 900 II but less dry and more open.

You need to play around with VTA to get it sounding best.Some say the VTA is 30 degrees but I have found it sounds best at more like 24 degrees.

12. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Dear friends,
    I offer Nagaoka replacement stylus, cartridge and accessory at very reasonable price from Japan.
    You can check current price, also you can order whenever you want it on my website.
    I have almost no margin. It's OK for me because this is for my interests and volunteer to friends.
    I really enjoy communication with worldwide friends in English!
    Thank you very much!

I hope that my website is helpful to friends.
    www.audiokazu.com
    Kazu

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
  13. hesson11

hesson11 Forum Resident

Which is about what it costs! :)

mikeyt likes this.
  14. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

15. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Here's my New MP500!

This is not a needle drop, the audio was recorded with an external microphone on the iPad mini. To make sure you're listening to the sound with the best audio quality remember to select the highest resolution available (at least 720p HD video if possible) in the video options.

Phono Cartridge Nagaoka MP-500
    Speaker ProAc Tablette Anniversary
    Amp & Phonostage Sugden A21ai Series2
    Turntable Rega RP6
    Mic ZOOM iQ5

Thank you...:)

16. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

Kazu, a very detailed but musical sounding cartridge! Looking forward to getting the MP-200
    best
    Theron

kazu likes this.
  17. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING! I like MP-200 as well :)

18. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Kazu, I just visited your site. When I replace my MP-500 stylus, I'll be coming to you. Amazing prices!

kazu and theron d like this.
  19. The more I play my MP-500, the more I fall in love with it. I would have never thought that vinyl reproduction could be so detailed and physically satisfying.

kazu likes this.
  20. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Hello Hail Vinyl!,
    I'm very much pleased you like MP500.

Thank you.
    Kazu.

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
  21. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Hi Ben,
    Thank you very much!

Please feel free to use my website whenever you want Nagaoka.:)

Thank you,
    Kauz

22. Thanks to you, Kazu! I would have never thought of it if it hadn't been because of you!

kazu likes this.
  23. kazu

kazu Forum Resident

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
  24. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Which of the MP series would best fit a Pro-ject Debut III? Would a 500 be overkill?

25. Being Numark a brand that most (if not all) of the so-called audiophiles frown at, it's easy to think that the MP-500 is overkill for my modest turntable. However, I can say that I'm extremely happy with it, performs flawlessly and it's a big improvement over my Nagaoka MP-110.

kazu and mikeyt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.