Nagaoka MP110 where to buy online

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Vinyl Fan 1973, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad" Thread Starter

I'm looking to purchase the cart, but never purchased one online before. Does anyone have suggestions where one can be purchased, with good customer service? Thanks.

2. macster

macster Forum Resident

Here, they have always treated me good.

M~

3. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Needle Doctor is recommended highly. And reliable.

Thurenity likes this.
  4. sami

sami Mono still rules

I have one that I'm listing in the classifieds tonight. Only about 15 hours on it, all the original packaging, for $75 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Not impressed with the sound?

6. sami

sami Mono still rules

Not that at all - it is an excellent, very neutral sounding cart that was perfect when I had it on my Technics SL-1200. I have a new table (JVC QL-Y5F) and have been using a Denon DL-110 that is just a perfect match. I'm not a cart switcher, so instead of the Nagaoka sitting here I'm going to offer it on the forum.

I tried 3-4 carts in the same price range as the Nagaoka with the Technics and it blew them all away. Neutral, tight bass, and not bright, which is huge to me. You'll love it with your SL-1401.

mikeyt likes this.
  7. sami

sami Mono still rules

Funny, one of the carts I chose the Nagaoka over was the AT-120E!

8. Vinyl Fan 1973

I enjoy the AT-120E, but broke the stylus yesterday and thought I'd try something new to see what I'm missing. I did find the AT bright, maybe too bright for my taste. I found the reviews for the MP110 intriguing. I'll think about your offer, but I've never purchased a used cart before. Thanks.

9. sami

sami Mono still rules

No problem - it's in perfect condition.

10. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

I got mine there, too.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  11. Vinyl Fan 1973

I'm reading that needle doctor is the only official US seller to sell these carts, and that any other source are Gary markets? Is LP Gear authorized to sell these, are the carts legit?

12. Vinyl Fan 1973

Thanks, ND only has the MP100 which I'm considering. The reviews for LP Gear is very inconsistent, with people stating the carts are after market versions and not legit. It concerns me that they have many models of Nagaoka carts and ND only has two, yet they are supposed to be the only authorized dealer. Also LP Gear is cheaper which makes me wonder how they can sell an imported cart for less money than ND, when they appear to be a smaller outfit.

Has anyone here purchased a cart from LP Gear and received the real Nagaoka?

13. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

What's an "aftermarket version"? Got mine at LP Gear, and everything looked legit to me.

14. Vinyl Fan 1973

I guess a knock off version made in China...I was reading online about many counterfeit Nagaoka's on the market so I'm concerned, especially when Needle Doctor states on their website that they are the only authorized Nag dealer for the US, any other vendor is selling Gray Market knock offs....I would assume if this was not true other online vendors would have the right to fight them for slander as it would affect their business. No? I've read reviews from people that purchased from LP Gear and received a knock off version of the cart.

15. macster

macster Forum Resident

16. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior Member

Needle Doctor isn't much of an "authorized dealer" if they only have two models in stock.
    I've bought an MP-110 from LP Gear before, they're totally legit. No idea what you mean by "knock offs."
    The MP-110 is only $20 more than the MP-100 and has a better stylus, so I wouldn't even bother with the cheaper model.

Once you get to the more expensive models you'll save a LOT of money ordering them via Amazon Japan. The difference in the cheaper models isn't worth the hassle, though.

17. Vinyl Fan 1973

Thanks, I'll give them a shot and place an order. Really looking forward to using the MP 110

18. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior Member

those are both the same outfit.

19. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

If you can save big money by ordering from Japan, that's probably where LP Gear is getting them, and how they can beat an authorized retailer's prices.

20. macster

macster Forum Resident

Yup, you win.

That was the point. If one is an authorized dealer then the other one is "debatably" also.

M~

21. Vinyl Fan 1973

Very cool, thanks guys for the help.

22. In my (limited) experience, LP Gear's prices are usually lower than Needle Doctor's.

23. Vinyl Fan 1973

Correct, they are lower and in addition have the MP 110 in stock. ND is out of a stock. A friend also suggested turntable needles.com, but they charge more for shipping.

24. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I've only bought online cartridges from Needle Doctor and Audio Advisor. They are both good but I'm happy to find out about LP Gear too.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.