Naim Superuniti - speaker pairing

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jgirar01, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looking at getting into hi rez with the Naim Superuniti and looking at Sonus Faber 3.0 speakers to match with it and then when I move back to the States I will add a turntable. Any preferences for speakers to compare to the Sonus Faber speakers that I should consider testing?

2. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

Kef R700 or 900, Neat Momentums, PMC 20.24 or 20.26.

Jgirar01 likes this.
  3. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

I heard the SuperUniti through some big floorstanding PMCs at my "local" ... sounded awesome!

Jgirar01 likes this.
  4. Zipperheadbanjo

Zipperheadbanjo Forum Resident

I own a Naim system and keep my eye on the Naim forum (etc.)... haven't heard of Sonus being paired with Naim previously. There might be a reason for that. Probably worth auditioning the brands listed above and will throw out Totem and Proac as other potentials.

5. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Neat, Guru and Kudos are also associated with the modern Naim scene ...

6. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Those Guru Junior with the walnut veneer look absolutely beautiful. Modern classics.

bhazen likes this.
  7. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

I have heard some Naimies think Sonus Faber speakers are "boring". YMMV, buyer beware, etc.

8. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Have heard the following through a Nait XS in a local dealer's demo room:
    - PMCs - twenty.22 and twenty.26 - they sounded superb and have a lovely full, neutral sound.
    - Kudos X2 - again great and seemed to match the amp well. Sweet speakers. But very compact towers with limited ultimate output.
    - ProAcs Response D18 - fantastic sound signature and staging ability (I subsequently tried the D18s against the Studio 140 Mk2, with my own amp at the time, and actually ended up with (preferring) the 140s.)
    - Kef R700 - personally not so keen, but they have a following so YMMV etc.

Above all, try and demo as many models as you can

Jgirar01 and bhazen like this.
  9. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the input everyone. I went with PMC due to several call outs and loved the Fact 8 speakers. Thanks for the input on the Sonus Faber too as I think they are a little laid back compared to the PMC. Gotta cut back on my music buying for awhile but finally starting my journey into hi end audio.

james likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.