Naim unitilite vs Arcam Solo Music

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by bob60, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi everyone
    These two systems are both all in one affairs. They are both high(ish) end for this kind of thing and both have had great reviews.
    The Naim is £2000 with FM/DAB radio included. The Arcam was £1500 when released maybe 2 years ago, then a price drop to £1300. However I see now it is widely available for £1000.
    Anyone know which of these is the better system?
    Thanks

2. Lorraine

Lorraine Forum Resident

I can't answer your question but I'm bumping this because I'd like to know the answer as well!

bob60 likes this.
  3. bob60

Thanks. Given that this is an audiophile forum I would have expected some replies to be honest. Oh well.

4. Lorraine

Lorraine Forum Resident

Well all-in-ones aren't too popular around here -- I've done searches on here for the arcam solo many times and find very few mentions. Most people here use a pre-amp and power amp in their systems, so an all-in-one integrated amp PLUS CD player might be just a tad too "life-styley" for SH. :)

bob60 likes this.
  5. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

I´ve heard the UnitiLite and I didn´t find any differences between it and the 5si. Plus the UL has a very good CD unit, probably inherited from the 5i.

bob60 likes this.
  6. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

I don't think this is the kind of kit a lot of folks on here would have. You might want to go and try over on Pink Fish Media, which is UK based. The problem you'll have is that Naim is as much a religion as a manufacturer.

Kohl88 and bob60 like this.
  7. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

The Unitilite, along with the old Uniti range (green logo) has been discontinued. The new Uniti stuff has finally arrived in the UK at least and the lite is the one for which there isn't a new equivalent. Arcam Solo is on its second generation, new sleeker box, has SACD but a lack of analogue inputs, so check what you need.

beowulf likes this.
  8. bob60

Thanks for your replies.
    I spoke to Arcam yesterday and the Solo has also been discontinued. I have the original Solo Music in a 2nd house and it is an excellent stereo, presumably the newer one is better.
    If you are looking to buy now is the time, Richer Sounds in the UK have it for £799, a great price.
    I wonder why Naim have discontinued the Unitilite?

Shiver likes this.
  9. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

They've replaced the Uniti's with the Uniti Atom, Uniti Nova and Uniti Star. See your dealer for more details.

10. bob60

But none of them have a CD player. I was reading up on them this afternoon and none of them would be for me...

11. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

There is always a used Unitilite as a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.