Narcos - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stuguy, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

This is definitely one of the best shows on television!

turnersmemo and blind_melon1 like this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Who thinks Peña returns for season four? I don't think so.

3. The way they wrapped up season 3, I had doubts there would even be a season 4 (but glad to hear that's the case).

4. I wouldn't say that Season 3 was better than the first two, but it was certainly on par, which is an amazing feat, itself!

A few thoughts...

1.) The way that Chepe was killed was both brutal and appropriate. The arrogance of this dude.
    2.) I know that Pacho was a bad dude, but I sort of hated to see him go. The guy really had that on screen charisma during all three seasons. In the first two seasons, every time he was on screen he sort of stole the show. Then there was that moment he stood in front of the congregation at the church. Wow! Powerful!
    3.) God help me, but Navegante was cool, too, in a twisted and sick way. The guy had nines lives, as he was also featured in the first two seasons.
    4.) Jorge's wife was super hot.
    5.) David was a first-class turd
    6.) The role of Agent Pena sort of morphed into several different DEA agents who took part in taking down both cartels. I'm okay with that bit of creative license. The interesting thing would be for them to come full circle in Pena's life and make Season 4 in Texas, right at the Mexican border, where the real agent Pena ended up. That looks to be the case.

7.) Question - Since the war was over between the Cali cartel and the North Valley carter, when María Salazar went to the North Valley cartel to offer her "services," she told the boss where David was. However, since the war was over, it's not like David was in hiding. It would seem to me that if the rival cartel wanted to find him, they could, let alone wait for that exact moment to kill him. That just seemed odd. It didn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

A super great show.

5. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

There's a couple of oddities I found about the last couple episodes; I guess you gotta take some shortcuts for "dramatic effect." I also found the ending odd..Jorge was pushing them to get out of the house until the very end, once the DEA raided, wouldn't Miquel have seen that Jorge was telling the truth and that David was an idiot again? Miquel had intel from the PRESIDENT and Jorge that they were going to raid and then they stayed just because David said Jorge was trying to lure them out

6. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I didn't care for season three nearly as much as seasons one and two but what do I know?

7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Finished season 3 yesterday. I too thought it was the best season so far.

turnersmemo, Gavinyl and blind_melon1 like this.
  8. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Great 3 seasons. May have many factual errors but man the acting and drama were spot on. Season 4 may be in limbo. I recently read that the person looking for locations (advance man?) in Mexico was murdered.

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

El Chapo Season 2 is out.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Another new Netflix series Drug Lords is out. It's the stories from Narcos as documentaries. Pretty good so far.

11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

How does it compare with The Sopranos, SOA, The Wire?

12. Narcos?

13. alexpop

Si.

14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It's up there with those 3 plus Oz, Justified, The Shield.

15. alexpop

Pecking order ?
    Better than, all equal ?

16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Id probably include newer shows Narcos, Line Of Duty and Peaky BLinders in my top 10, ranked something like this: Spooks/M15, Shield, SOA, Justified, Sopranos, The Wire, BB, Lind Of Duty, Narcos, Peaky Blinders.

alexpop likes this.
  17. alexpop

Narcos " your second favourite.
    Is it that good ?

18. Good but slow going - I gave up at the beginning of the 2nd season.

19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

9th not 2nd. Have you seen M15?

Panama Hotel and alexpop like this.
  20. alexpop

No. Not that keen on Brit drama, Dennis Potter, yes.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  21. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Why does everything have to be rated or put in lists? Watch it. Enjoy it. Or don't. :winkgrin:

22. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Watched my first episode of this show three days ago and I'm now a third of the way through season 2. Man! This show is as addictive as...well you get my drift. :cool:

EVOLVIST, GodShifter and blind_melon1 like this.
  23. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I watched the Escobar series and really liked it. If you like Cumbia music, the soundtrack is essential.

turnersmemo likes this.
  24. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Binged watched it late last year and really enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.