Nashville CD store recommendations

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by DeYoung, May 4, 2018.

1. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident Thread Starter

We'll be in Nashville this weekend - anybody care to weigh on where I might find the best (and biggest) selection of used CDs? Not so much into vinyl. Thanks!

2. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

It's been a while since I was in Nashville, but when I'm there, I always go to Phonoluxe. They have lots of vinyl, but also a good amount of CDs too.

angelo73 likes this.
  3. I've always walked out with a stack of used CDs each time I have visited McKay's Nashville. Used books, but lots of CDs too.

Dave112, Lownote30 and sneakmasterG like this.
  4. MYKE

MYKE Columbia 6 Eye Mono - 1958

McKays, and Grimey's. Recently discovered Phonoluxe is only open on the weekends now, since they began overcharging tourists.

No Static likes this.
  5. MYKE

6. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

When I was there a few years ago I was shocked at how slim the inventory at the Ernest Tubb's Record Shop had become.

7. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Ernest Tubbs is definitely not a good place to go. Grimey's and McKay's are my go to shops. Grimey's for vinyl... especially used. McKay's for used CDs.

Dave112 and MYKE like this.
  8. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

You want McKay's. HUGE selection of used CDs there.

MYKE likes this.
  9. danomar

danomar Well-Known Member

+1 on Phonoluxe.

10. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

McKay's and Grimey's (Grimey's Too next door for used).

I was at Grimey's Too yesterday and there's still a very good selection of used CDs, even though both are moving to an old church before long.

11. MYKE

So @DeYoung , where did you end up going ?

12. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident Thread Starter

I spent $65 at Phonoluxe, and slightly less at McKay's. Grimey's used selection wasn't all that impressive.

wynnwikman, MYKE and ermylaw like this.
  13. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

We were in Nashville last year and found a decent selection at the shop at The Grand Ole Opry. Prices were a little steep as you might imagine. We also lucked up and a local lady my wife met at random in another shop told us about someone wanting to sell their CD collection. We bought in the neighborhood of 500+ CDs of newer country music. A few of them were signed promos from the country artists. I think we got everything for about $150.00. Most of the CDs were like new and the seller was given the CDs but only kept the rock CDs and wanted to get the country CDs out of her way. There was some cool rock and metal CDs in there but I couldn't complain with the price after she picked the CDs out that she wanted.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    clhboa and MYKE like this.
  14. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Nice score. I've been picking up a fair bit of 90's country cds dirt cheap lately.

Dave112 likes this.