Nashville Moon by Magnolia Electric Co - good stuff!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Davey, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Forum Resident

Wow, that was fast. Got my Sojourner box today when I just ordered it from Secretly Canadian this past Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to digging in. Found someone has scanned the postcards for each title in on the Amazon page for the box set if anyone wants them for their iTunes, etc. While there I saw that it's being sold for twice what I paid.

2. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I recently bought the vinyl reissue for Songs: Ohia MEC. It is my introduction to his material and it is amazing. The sound quality on the vinyl appears to be an all analog mastering but unfortunately my first disc has some type of defect that makes it noisy. I will have to seek out another copy.

I've been trying to locate Sojourner box set online but it appears to be truly OOP now. I found a copy at a store in the UK for approximate $60 with $20 shipping. Hopefully, I will find a more reasonably priced copy.

I'm not sure what my next direction will be with his music but I currently have: Songs Ohia: Didn't It Rain, S/T, Helca & Griper, The Lioness and MEC: Fading Trails in my checkout box at Secretly Canadian website. I tend to overdo it when I get into an artist.

Jason Molina is one of my favorite discoveries of 2013 and a great way to end out the year and take his art into the new year.

osbie feel likes this.
  3. Davey

Davey NP: Michael A. Muller ~ Mirror Music (2024 LP) Thread Starter

The big three for me are Didn't It Rain, Magnolia Electric Co and Black Ram, each special in their own way, each with a story and a memory. If I could only take one, it would be Black Ram, that is the one closest to my heart in the last few years and the one I listen to most often.

What's broken will become better...
    if we can

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/your-favorite-album-from-this-century-so-far.327973/page-3

mikemoon likes this.
  4. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Didn't It Rain is the second lp of his his I have bought. In a way, I want to buy all at once and in another way, just one at a time. To me the latter allows me to absorb them like a true journey. My only fear are certain one's that could go OOP over a year's time.

5. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I'd love to see Sojourner box set done as a vinyl set. I wonder how likely it is that this will happen. I won't need the cds then!

6. Davey

Davey NP: Michael A. Muller ~ Mirror Music (2024 LP) Thread Starter

I love listening to some Molina on a lazy Saturday, and it's the Nashville Moon disc again for this one, definitely visit all the Jason Molina threads here and sample the music, if it doesn't change you, then you must already be changed.

Rupe33 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.