DCC Archive Nat King Cole CD Help

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by njwiv, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

Please excuse my asking, but I'm trying to round out my Nat King Cole collection, and have searched high and low for the following out-of-print Capitol CDs without success:

At The Sands
    Ballads of the Day
    Every Time I Feel The Spirit
    L-O-V-E
    Those Lazy-Hazy Crazy Days of Summer
    To Whom It May Concern

If anyone can help me out with any of the above titles, I would be greatly in your debt.

Thanks,

Jay

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Jay ]

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Jay ]

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Have ya tried half.com? I didn't look for ya, but I'd try it!

3. njwiv

Sckott,

Yes, I have, but thanks for the suggestion.

4. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

I'm afraid I can't help with the cd's you're looking for, but I wanted to recommend the recent XRCD2 Nat King Cole Greatest Love Songs. Just got it. Boy, is this good. Expensive, but I think worth it. Great clarity, immediacy, bass, that voice!

Twenty songs: Stardust, Answer Me, Autumn Leaves, Walkin' My Baby Back Home, These Foolish Things, There Goes My Heart, A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square, You Made Me Love You, A Blossom Fell, More, Love Letters, Oh How I Miss You Tonight, Brazilian Love Song, You're My Everything, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, You'll Never Know, He'll Have to Go, Stay As Sweet As You Are, The More I See You, The Party's Over

5. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

You might try WWW.GEMM.COM They seem to have just about everything and they have a good search filter.

6. njwiv

I've tried GEMM too. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

7. pauljones

pauljones Forum Chef

Jay, I have them all except lazy hazy... Please contact me at [email protected] and we will discuss. I also have many other obscure Nat King Cole CD's; I bought most of them (especially the short-lived Capitol CD's) as soon as they were released. Have you heard the original CD of George Shearing plays with Nat...bonus tracks, lots of tape hiss (no filtering?, remastered by Larry Walsh at Capitol)--stunning, I have it! Please respond!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.