DCC Archive Nat King Cole-The Greatest Hits...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Todd Fredericks, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

I found a copy of this great CD at a small record shop on the way home last night. Wow, it was as if Nat was singing in my living room! I own a lot of his material but the presence and tonality of his voice was superb to listen to. "Unforgettable" is just sooo smooth... I wish DCC could get the rights to release an alternative version with the same track listing yet in most cases using the original mono recordings (younger Cole voice/less affects of heavy smoking). I want to track down the other 2 DCC Cole albums but maybe I'll get them on vinyl. Now where the heck can I find them without paying what the guy on Ebay charges (too much for my sanity)...

Todd

2. Todd,

I have that CD and every time I play it my mouth drops. GREAT sounding CD!!! On of Steve's best work. How about the dymanics on "Orange Colored Sky"? Just great. The first time I heard the background singers sing "This is it. This is it. I--T--it." I almost fell out of my seat. Fantastic dynamics! I love "Route 66". God, Steve does great work.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

Johnny,

I agree, the clarity/separation of the backing vocals on "Orange Colored Sky" has that "knock your socks off" effect. I'm really happy I found it...

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.