National Lampoon's Vacation - being rebooted with Ed Helms and Christina Applegate

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

2. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Will Christina be showering a la Beverly?

[​IMG]

3. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

It won't be a remake, just a sequel in which more or less the same thing happens to similar characters.

4. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I was really hoping to see Johnny Galecki in the rolw, just because his star seems to be on the rise lately. And the Christmas Vacation is the only one I've repeatedly watched in recent years so I think of him as Rusty. But I'm sure lots of people do not, so getting someone who never played him probably makes as much sense. And Ed Helms will probably fit similar to the young Chevy Chase from the originals.

5. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Wha???? You're not a fan of Christmas Vacation? I almost like it better than the original Vacation. Cousin Eddie even gets more screen time and is great. "****ter was full!". Watch it every year.

I fully agree with you on European and to me Vegas was just okay.

It would be more interesting to me if Anthony Michael Hall or Johnny Galecki were involved.

recroom likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Nooo, not a fan - not a fan at all!

http://www.dvdmg.com/christmasvacationbr.shtml

7. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

That's too bad - it's one of our Christmas staples and seems to get funnier each time we see it.

8. Oatsdad

I know a lot of people like it, but I don't get its appeal at all... :shrug:

9. Captain Groovy

I'm with you - don't get the love for Christmas. Certainly nowhere near the quality of the first one. I'm glad it's lived on like this though - I think the first two are the best (even if the sequel had a completely different tone, the Griswolds & co. were hilarious).

Vegas suffers from it being more 'PG' - the Griswolds go to Las Vegas and they get into 'PG' trouble? The original was dirty and hilarious, but tasteful!

Come on - wasted opportunity. Maybe had something to do with Chevy being less inclined to be that great swarmy charmer his whole persona was (also something to do with him then having 3 daughters at that point). He has said repeatedly he has changed his persona because of that. And his views. I understand it, but now he just seems bitter and we miss that old classic Chevy.

Jeff

Pete Puma likes this.
  10. Oatsdad

Hey - I'm not the only one who doesn't like "Christmas Vacation"! :pineapple:

I thought Chase was fine in "Vegas". From my review:

"From the original through Christmas, he became more and more manic with each successive flick. By Christmas, he turned into an inappropriately aggressive and broad presence. Chase seems much more subdued with Vegas. Some may see that as a lack of effort on his part, but I think his calmer demeanor works better, as it helps accentuate the various gags. For once, it doesn’t feel like Chase is working relentlessly to entertain us, as he seems willing to let others horn in on the fun."

I really think Chase's aggressive, angry performance in "Christmas" was a big part of that film's problem...

11. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Watch a documentary on the Bio Network of the original Vacation movie, I was never aware that the original ending was Clark and family once discovering the park was closed; driving to Roy Wally's house and holding him at gun point forcing him to sing the Wally World theme till the cops came. This was changed once it bombed in audience screenings. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of horrible.

12. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Will DAD CHEVY CHASE be in it too?

Captain Groovy likes this.
  13. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Since she had a double mastectomy, probably not.

14. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

15. Oatsdad

16. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Applegate was only ever good in MWC.

17. Captain Groovy

As we know, it's now filming with Ed Helms as Rusty and Christina Applegate as his wife... headed to Wally World. Coming 10/9/15

From Chevy today:

"With my lovely wives Beverly and Jayni, celebrating my birthday on the set of New Line Cinema's "Vacation" (in theaters a year from tomorrow, October 9, 2015).

Bev and I have stage make-up on and Marty Moose is even more heavily frosted -- he's actually my birthday cake! I punched his lights out in lieu of candles...

Sloppy Burpday!

Photo courtesy of my youngest (as far as you know), Emily."

The Griswolds are back!

[​IMG]

kevywevy and Tex_Writer like this.
  18. Captain Groovy

On set with the new "Wagon Queen Family Truckster":

[​IMG]

I need a model ratio of the original. I know independent artists have made recreation models, but has the original family truckster ever been produced?

My wife has a Chevy (no relation) '55 Bel Air model on the bookshelf... I'd love to add this to the next shelf!

EDIT: Notice the missing hubcaps :)

Jeff

19. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

We'll see. I may be surprised.

21. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Needs more [​IMG]

22. StereoFanOregon

StereoFanOregon Forum Resident

Applegate is a lot better of an actress than people give her credit for. She was the only funny person in the awful Anchorman. Look up her impersonation of Cher on SNL on YouTube, spot on brilliant.

hi_watt likes this.
  23. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

I still get a strong vibe that this is a requel. A remake masquerading as a sequel.

24. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I hated the originals so this sounds nauseating to me:cheers:

25. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I remember looking forward to the movie after reading the story in Lampoon and being disappointed. However, the movie has grown on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.