NBC's PETER PAN LIVE (2014)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow. Diane Sawyer in the house!

goodiesguy, wave, drivingfrog and 2 others like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

More clips are now up, and my expectations are being lowered by the minute:

3. Vidiot

4. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

5. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

ill have to watch for the Walken factor alone...

Mazzy likes this.
  6. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Tonight's main story, Thunderstorm in New Jersey!!!!!!!!!

7. Because that's what happens in every thread about something nobody here has seen/heard? This place is such a ray of sunshine . . .

8. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Dude, that's not even funny.

Top story for the last THREE days on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: travel hassles on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving because of a weather front that may affect Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut and New York. You know, the IMPORTANT states.

wave likes this.
  9. acjetnut

acjetnut Senior Member

These promos... did they just film the entire thing as backup in case the live one goes wrong?

10. woody

woody Forum Resident

Thought the short performance during the parade coverage today was good but I doubt they were singing while they were dancing. What was weird was there didn't seem to be any recognition that Alison Williams was Brian's daughter when he interviewed her.

11. Vidiot

I'm sure they shoot the rehearsals so they actors and director can watch them and judge what worked and what didn't. I wonder if it's too late to recast? :sigh:

Benno123 likes this.
  12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Probably use some of that for the inevitable video release to follow.

13. Vidiot

I was told they did a lot to clean up the sound and use alternate takes for the home video version of Sound of Music. (I called the show "The Sound of Air-Conditioning," because the giant russsssssh going on in the background covered up far too much of the live vocals to my ears.

Benno123 likes this.
  14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Just finished watching a making of promo doc on the show and it looks fun and charming to me. Allison Williams seems too sweet and feminine for the role though and Walken has really elderly energy when he dances. But the vibe of the thing seems great. We'll see.

15. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

They need to do a live version of "12 Angry Men"-now that's something I'll sit still for. But this has no catchy tunes or fanciful storytelling, just brilliant writing and thought-provoking ideas.

rburly likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Doh, noted Hollywood writer Ken Levine has some amusing thoughts on the upcoming Peter Pan Live show:

And there’s one other factor. The show will air LIVE. If there’s some mishap, if the dog takes a dump, Allison flies into a wall, or Walken has a brain fart and calls Peter “Natalie” you’re going to want to see it in real time. Just having it on your DVR to watch a week later won’t do it. And in this DVR, shows-on-demand age, the only real way network television can attract a live audience is to air something live.

The first thing I said when I found out they had a live dog in the cast was, "hey! What if the dog gets nervous and has an 'accident' on the rug?" And Alison Williams did say in the doc last week that she was worried about slamming into a wall.

I'm expecting train wreck...

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2014/12/will-peter-pan-be-hot.html

My brother does a fantastic impression of Christopher Walken's strange, halting speech pattern, and the other day he told me, "you know, Peter... I think... you... and the lost boys... shouldn't be... here. I mean... you guys... are caRAzy!"

Eh, you had to be there.

17. Vidiot

18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I hope they hired the flying rig team from "Spiderman Turn off the Dark"

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I watched something last night on NBC and they had that promo logo in the lower left hand corner of the screen the whole time. I can see an occassional once after a commercial, but to have it on constantly?!...

I'll be watching it, but you'd think they wouldn't have to promote something like this as much as they have/are.

20. Vidiot

:eek:

21. wave

wave Forum Resident

:laugh:

22. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Wow! Who is are those idiots standing near the fence?!

PROG U.K. likes this.
  24. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Kevin Spacey's Walken is absolutely perfect.

Vidiot likes this.
  25. guppy270

guppy270 Forum Resident

I haven't posted here in ages, but I wanted to just reply here :) The location is actually about 3-5 miles from my house. It's an old Grumman site in Bethpage, NY (where they made the lunar landing module, or so I'm told). So it's not QUITE a warehouse, but it's not a fancy-shmancy studio either...I do know that parts of Spider-Man 2 (the Andrew Garfield one) were filmed here.

Unfortunately there's been a lot of news lately about toxic leaks from the ground of the Grumman site, which is actually spreading and supposedly advancing in my direction. The last few weeks we've seen many trailers, lighting rigs, and activity but no celebs yet. I told my daughter maybe we should drive by tomorrow night while they're broadcasting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.