Need a heavier counterweight for Denon DP-60L S-shaped arm

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Benzion, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident Thread Starter

Unpacked my newly-arrived NOS Denon today. Everything looks pristine and untouched. Table turns on, runs at 33 and 45 speeds, and is generally spotless. Has an AKG X8E cartridge installed on the straight arm.

However, it is missing the heavier counterweight for the S-arm. And what is my primary cart I was hoping to run on the Denon arm? - Of course my Zu Denon 103, at a whopping 14 gr.

eBay, Audiogon, and USAudiomart currently have no listings for what I need.

Therefore, I appeal to the community here to see if anyone might have and old heavier counterweight laying around. I cannot be too sure, as I'm not experienced enough with these decks, but I think weights from similar models, such as DP-62, 59, 57, 52, etc may also fit.

If you find one - please PM me with the asking price.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Davey

Davey NP: Brian Eno ~ Ambient 4: On Land (1982 LP)

You can also wrap some lead or copper tape around it too increase the mass, I've done that before with lead. If you do a good job, it would look fine.

3. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes, I have it done on my AR table, with lead tape. It works, but aesthetically, it's not too pleasing. I'd like to avoid similar fate for this untouched beauty.

Davey likes this.
  4. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I found one on eBay for my DP-62 with absolutely no problem. There's always a lot of Denon parts listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.