Need a new TV! (Specs help...)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by LivingForever, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That happened to my Panny plasma a few years ago. Apparently the app they licensed for Y'Tubein' ran out of its' agreement or something, and they didn't offer a framework upgrade. Or, perhaps it was unable to accept the new standards YT had adopted around that time. Either way, that's a dumb thing to let happen to a "smart" teevee, promising customers one thing then telling them, "whoops, looks like ya can't do that after all. Well, so long and thanks for the $800! :tiphat:"

So, for those who DIDN'T have a brand-spankin'-new OPPO sittin' right up there on the shelf next to it...screwed, screwed, screwed. Panasonic, the standard-bearer plasma leader, voluntarily bowed-out of the plasma business a few years ago...so I bowed-out of my tar-and-feather collecting hobby, and just scratched them off the 'good guys' list.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

alexpop likes this.
  3. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

4. woody

woody Forum Resident

I have been getting the itch for a new tv as well. I have found www.rtings.com to be a good source for research, as has the AVS forums.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

HDTVTest is a good source for info. From what I've seen, they have more reliable (and more current) reports on new displays than anybody in the world.

Robert C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.