Need a suggestion for manufacturers of an ultrasonic frequency device

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MikeGalla, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeGalla

MikeGalla New Member Thread Starter

Thought I would sign up here to see if someone would be able to offer me some direction. Would anyone be able to suggest a manufacturer of equipment that is capable of producing sound waves of the infrasonic type (below 20hz) as well as ultrasonic (above 20k)?

I know this is an off the wall question but I didn't really have any idea of where to start. If not, a suggestion as to where else I might look for this kind of information would be helpful.

This would be in relation to materials testing.

Thanks

2. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Many piezoelectric tweeters have response into the ultra-sonic range. A Google search will yield many results.

3. MikeGalla

MikeGalla New Member Thread Starter

Thanks. I search like you suggest. The db I'm looking to produce is fairly high and I'm not entirely sure piezo will suffice. Any suggestions for producing this type of frequency in the 100+ db range?

4. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

5. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

JLB made a tweeter #2402 and #075 that would go ultrasonic. Rythmik 15" DS1500 series will go below 20Hz with the proper cabinet enclosure, amplification and crossover. There are others but these are a start for you. The JBL were adapted as ultrasonic for use at intersections in NYC to trigger light changes and vehicle traffic.

6. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Below 20Hz.... like gunpowder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.