Need Help Finding Good Fully Remote Controllable Preamp/DAC

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Can anyone comment on what DAC has either the best physical remote control with full input and control switching capabilities, iOS app with the same, or both. This would be a critical factor in my choice.

2. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

Since I've been lusting over the DAC501, I'd love to see you try that . . . which doesn't mean it's best for you, of course. I agree with @Agitater that every Weiss unit I've tried has been superb. (By the way, if you ever send a tech support request, Daniel Weiss himself is likely to respond.)

I have not tried the DAC501 nor its remote facilities. Here is information from the Weiss Web site:

IR Remote Control
    Allows to control several functions of the DAC50x, namely:
    • The input selected for conversion.
    • The output type, level, muting, absolute polarity.
    • Power on/off.
    • DSP presets.
    Web Interface
    The DAC50x has a web interface for configuring it via a web browser. The following functions are accessible via the web interface:
    • Volume and Balance controls.
    • Input selection.
    • Output type.
    • DSP algorithms configuration.
    • DSP snapshots configuration.
    I prefer a Web interface to an app, as manufacturers (Auralic and Classe, e.g.) have had a hard time keeping apps up to date, or even available, on both iOS and Android. A Web app should be usable on any browser, thus any platform.

Have fun!

Khorn likes this.
  3. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

I checked them out earlier this morning and the first impression I get is “solid”. I’m still going to take my time to really find out what’s out there.

If in the end I do feel I have to spend in that range it certainly will be right up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.