Need help identifying R n' B song

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aquateen, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident Thread Starter

The only part I know is "But I refuse to let you go". I know its fairly famous so if anyone could give me the name thatt would be great.:)

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ain't Too Proud To Beg

By The Temptations

3. Aquateen

I knew it had to be by The Temptations. Thanks!

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

no offense intended but it's getting hard to imagine there are people who don't recognize those lyrics and the artists. Oh well, younger generations, older generations, people who grew up with different music. Hell, there's a world of country music and some classic rock i've never heard, though...

5. Steve Hoffman

Well, if our Aquateen is really a teen, and "Ain't To Proud To Beg" was a hit in 1966, it would be like us older guys trying to recall the name of a song that was popular in like 1934 or something....:)

Of course, a few of us could indeed name songs from 1934, but most couldn't...

6. Grant

Yeah, i'm just used to being part of the baby-boom generation...

7. Aquateen

Yes, I am indeed a real teen.

8. Steve Hoffman

And now you know that the Temptations rule!

Also, Aquateen, the Rolling Stones did a great cover of "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" in the 1970's...

9. Ben

Ben New Member

You go Aquateen!

Welcome to the board!

10. Grant

Yes, don't be a stranger! Post often! We need more perspectives here. Sometimes I feel like we are a bunch of old geezers here who do nothing but bitch about things (well, we are...)

11. jroyen

jroyen Forum Resident

Well, I'm not an old geezer. :) Being that I was born a lot nearer to the recording date of the Stones' cover of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" - which I believe was 1973/74. Although, I still slightly prefer the original by the Temptations.

12. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I was wondering if the Stones were going to get brought up..

Love it.. Billy Prestion on the piano... I am not usually a cover fan.. but that oe was good.

13. Grant

Having grown up with the Temptations original, I would say it is THE best, for ME.

14. Kym

Kym Former Resident

But what about Rick Astley's version? :rolleyes:

15. Grant

I never heard it.:rolleyes:. I was also never a fan of Rick Astley. I tuned out a lot of late 80s music starting at around late 1986. I didn't like the direction most pop music was taking, aside from great tracks like "Girlfriend" by Pebbles, Prince, or the second Alexander O'Neil CD. I was just getting into oldies on CD, mostly Beatles and Atlantic. I slipped back into R&B and hip-hop/rap in late 1988. I didn't care about contemporary pop again until 1994, and again in 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.