Need opinions on arranging equipment in new console...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by McGuy, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time... Thread Starter

I ordered this unit for my system. Anyone see an issue with placing my MC402 in the space to the far right, with no shelf in place, and my c47 and mvp861 in the two middle shelves? I don't think i have to worry about the preamp breathing too much since I never really turn up the system too loud and the amp should have plenty of breathing room... or I can just put everything on top...the turntable has to go on top regardless, unless I put it in the other space to the far left, but then i have to bend over... the only other issue is that I don't know if I can realisically place the amp in the shelf with the back panel on - it's apretty deep unit. EDIT: Turns out CD player and preamp will not fit in the two middle shelves and I only have 1 meter XLRs. So cd and preamp and TT can go on top and amp on the bottom right or left or all on top. Help!

Dennis0675 likes this.
  2. McGuy

Crap. Can’t post pictures here! Or not sure how and I don’t use photo hosting sites. This is the unit. Mine is white. Cabrini TV Stand

3. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Have you tried imgur, pretty easy to use and works here

thxphotog likes this.
  4. McGuy

I’ll try.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. McGuy

I can't figure out imgur. guess I'm out of luck. doesn't have a button to upload photos.

6. McGuy

7. Helom

Helom Forum member

I wouldn't think it's a good idea to put a Mac amp in an enclosed space. Don't they run fairly warm?

8. McGuy

can we not edit our original post? I don't see how

9. McGuy

Not sure if matters for me, I don't turn it up loud and there would be at least 5 inches above it open, unless that's not enough. Then my issue would be solved, no other options...

10. Helom

Helom Forum member

Might depend on length of your listening sessions. If its top panel becomes hot to the touch, I'd move it to the top shelf.
    I'd put all components on the top, with the amp furthest away from the turntable, and use the bottom cubbies as LP storage.

Dan Steele likes this.
  11. McGuy

Helom, that's what I'm going to do! and thanks for the advice on amp placement. never thought about the effect on the TT.

Helom likes this.
  12. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Space permitting, an Amp Stand off to one side is a nice option as well.

McGuy likes this.
  13. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

You have I think roughly a 10 minute window to edit then the door slams shut. :)

McGuy likes this.
  14. The FRiNgE

The FRiNgE Forum Resident

If you are setting up a flat screen as pictured, I suggest a wall mount, or a steel pedestal that mounts to the back of the console. The turntable should be on top for ease of operation. The turntable should be open and well lighted (then adj light as desired when listening) as any dust on the record, or platter, or stylus can be seen.

Personally I prefer the turntable and amp (pre-amp) on top, and directly in front of my listening chair (my low console similar to yours was on casters) It's perfectly fine to walk across the room, but I'm spoiled, and like to change records sometimes... even spin the 45's. Now I am near field and at my desk, still spoiled and too lazy to get up to change a record or CD.

McGuy likes this.
  15. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I use Facebook and it's easy. Right click on the picture then click 'view image info' and the image 'address' shows up

The FRiNgE and McGuy like this.
  16. McGuy

just tried that and i get like 20 different addresses

17. McGuy

18. McGuy

19. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Seems like you figured something out, nice listening room and gear!
    Do whatever Helom says would be my advice. If you still want to give imgur a shot, the add photo is the tiny little plus sign in the upper right. Then once it uploads, you click on the image, hit the little arrow in a box, and you can copy link.

McGuy likes this.
  20. McGuy

Thanks. Got the pics posted. Photobucket did the trick.

Dan Steele likes this.
  21. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

22. McGuy

They’d have to be pretty deep mounts. Can’t mount them a foot or two from the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.