Neil Diamond - Hot August Night III due out Aug. 17

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jonboy71, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

It would have been nice to not have any duplication, to play songs not on HAN1 or 2.
    Difficult I guess but I can't get along with the substandard versions of songs which appeared previously on those two albums. Not one of those songs sounds as good on HAN3 for me.

2. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

He did in Cleveland last May which, I believe, was the only show of us I heard it in. It is also performed on the Hot August Night/NYC dvd from about 10 years ago or so, a fantastic disc if you don’t have it.

In an interview with the AP for this newest release Neil seemed very positive and even spoke that while the long traveling is done he has not ruled out ever doing anymore shows, even a residency could be possible. There are not many I would travel to see but Neil I would.

3. BrainOfJHA

BrainOfJHA Pearl Jam high five!

Is the UK blu ray release region free? Seems to be the best price right now and want to make sure I can play in the US. Thanks in advance.

4. my brother worked for modern musical services they would deliver equipment to venues for the bands i helped on the night neil recorded the first august night album i was on the side of the stage about 30 ft away from him

PJayBe likes this.
  5. It's almost certainly region-free. Music releases on video are almost never region coded. Outside of packaging, I suspect the discs are identical to the American edition.

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Finally ordered this 2 CD set this morning. Was listening to it at a friends last night and it sounds really good. Like the back orchestra.

7. siebrand

siebrand music lover

I also ordered this version 2 CD / BR. I agree with regard to the BR: very very valid images. A sharpness that really deserves to be mentioned.
    The audio of the BR ... well, in my opinion it is not excellent but you can live with it. I connected my new yamaha BR 1060 to the M.F. Nuvista M3 and it's a nice feeling.

Absolutely scarce the CD. a DR that seems very low to me, the audience screaming too much. My humble opinion; they played a nasty trick on audio quality. I haven't heard the second CD yet, but if 1+1 makes 2, I'm afraid the worst.
    Really a pity. Also because it was a beautiful event, musicians, all, on the ball, he who still has a great voice.
    Beautiful music, which, however, on CD is hard to hear. Better the BR version (eventually WITHOUT watching the video footage).

What more? I, the great NEIL, have loved him since I was 15, now I'm 61.
    I've never seen him live, unfortunately. Is that why I'm excited, to see him sing (so well) in my living room? Thank you, Mr. Diamond.

8. classicrockguy

classicrockguy Forum Resident

So he still performs, just does not go out on long tours, or is he completely retired?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.