Neil Young announces upcoming 10 disc Archives release on Blu-ray Nov. 3, 2008, Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KeithH, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronton99

ronton99 Forum Resident

I'm sure that this has been discussed somewhere in the vastness of this thread.

Probably best to look elsewhere for this info as it's probably standard for Blu-Ray vs DVD - maybe in the Audio Hardware forum? It's all bits and bytes to me - just numbers.....

EEK! A Mouse!

2. The DVD set audio will either be 24b/96k or 24b/192k. The Blu-ray audio content will be 24b/192k for sure.

As far as extra content with Blu-ray either on the discs or available as future downloads who knows ... :shrug:

3. A fresh new Pt. 3 thread ... what fun! ...:goodie: ... ;)

Be better if the 'announces' was dropped from the thread title and TBD was put in instead of the date.

AFAIAA, Neil has never announced a firm date, WEA have a couple of times.

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Blu Ray is high resolution PCM or DVD-Audio.

5. A screen capture of the latest new release forecast shows WEA is not sure yet themselves on how many CDs are going to be in the set ... :laugh:

Attached Files:

6. ra7968

ra7968 Chips & Queso

The DVD set is 24/96. it is NOT DVD-Audio requiring a special player. The 24/192 is only available on DVD-Audio with MLP and can not be played as such on conventional DVD players.

7. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

I wonder how many people(outside of the people on this forum & the IMWAN forum) have actually heard of this "Archives" project or would have bought it if it had been released.

Certainly, the market for this sort of set will grow smaller every year, and eventually, even Warner Music Group executives will get tired of being jerked around by this fickle primadonna artist, and they will realize that the market for an expensive set like "Archives" is too small for it to be profitable, and even they may eventually say "Forget it, Neil"

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.