Neil Young Archives Performance Series #12- Dreamin' Man

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GregK, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I agree. I think this is a great release. Sounds wonderful and the performances are very heartfelt.. "Such a Woman" is a highlight.

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Does the packaging include any insert/artwork besides that small square sheet containing the credits? I just bought a used copy and that's all I got. I guess it's eco-friendly so I shouldn't complain too much.

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

No, that's all that was originally included.

4. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:thumbsup:

OK, thanks.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I just keep on listening to this one. I know that the Massey Hall album captures Neil at the height of his 70s powers, but I listen to this set more often - it has a special vibe to it.

6. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about the next release in this series?

7. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

There has been some interesting chat over on Rust about the "A Treasure" album. Our friendly neighborhood Archives Guy had this to say:

Nothing about if this will be the next release however he has also said we may have some announcements this month about 2011 releases.

8. jack static

jack static Forum Resident

Talks on Rust about "A Treasure" - a live record w/ the International Harvesters circa '84/85...in the works now, not necessarily the next release. I suspect with Archives 2 on the horizon (theoretically) they won't release PS discs from that era to avoid the situation we saw last time...

Sigma was posting @ same time!

9. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

that's exciting!

10. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I love it too and have the vinyl now on this set and its worth having IMO...

11. Gene

Gene Active Member

Love the Harvesters, some great shows back then! Bring it on!!

Sadly though, Neil's been quoted as saying that the next edition of the Archives will be out in 2012...

12. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

If that's the case, then I'd be shocked if there weren't another PS release (from whatever period) this year...

13. comes_a_time

comes_a_time Forum Resident

I hope it's not a single disk skim as the rest of the PS have been to date. The country version of Powderfinger is really great and there are a number of songs that never got another airing other than on this tour, IIRC.

14. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Saw the Harvester's tour in Lexington. Great show. I too look forward to something from this tour.

15. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Southern Pacific was epic on that tour.

16. Mike1055

Mike1055 Forum Resident

I don't think 84/85 will be covered until Archives 3.

17. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

got it for the wife for Christmas - she had it as her car CD for about a month so I have it very well memorized - good album - some of the live songs are better, some of them I prefer the studio version, but all of it is first rate.

18. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

I will take ANY Archival NY material! Starved for some new NYA releases ... bring it on! Hope there's more than one release coming this year ... like, say, the start of the "Special Edition" series of the NYA. Gotta get my TT hooked up!

19. davers

davers Forum Resident

I can't help but think of all the Neil fans that have either gotten too old to care or may have passed on since the archives were first discussed 20 plus years ago. I know Neil's crew is doing a great job, but part of me wishes he had just cranked out a big old cd set when he first started talking about it. That would've been 20 more years we could have enjoyed this stuff!

Rant over; I am really looking forward to Archives 2 and any Harvesters material as well.

20. jack static

jack static Forum Resident

They're working on 2 and 3 simultaneously (a while ago Neil suggested that 3 may be released before 2 due to the nature of his recording quality in the 80s) but my point was that they're more likely to release a PS disc that isn't from the forthcoming box (theoretically vol 2) since people complained so much about the 'double dipping' with volume 1 due to Fillmore/Massey etc already being released. Case in point, the subject of this thread...

21. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

'A treasure' sounds promising!

22. Mike1055

Mike1055 Forum Resident

I agree, but if 2 is coming out next I don't think the years it covers will make it as far 84/85.

23. Jack

Jack Senior Member

and the Trunk Show DVD!

24. ymenard

ymenard Forum Resident

Each year they pass doing the archives, it's about 10% less sales onto the next year.

25. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

When/where did he claim it would? His initial post only said that a PS live disc from '84/'85 might be the next release.

Which might seem illogical, if we weren't busy discussing it in a thread devoted to last year's release of a PS one-off from the time period of box set #3...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.