Neil Young Archives Performance Series #12- Dreamin' Man

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GregK, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike1055

Mike1055 Forum Resident

My point was that I did not think a PS disc from the years 84/85 would be a problem like the discs that came out prior to Archives 1 and then were included in the Archives 1 because I didn't think that Archives 2 would include the years 84/85. I think the Dreamin Man disc era will not be covered until #4. They must have some idea as to what the up coming PS discs are since they numbered the last one PS12.

2. jack static

jack static Forum Resident

You're still not understanding that was my point the entire time. :) (and thank you for trying, Mike!)

But yes, we are on the same page. "A TREASURE" would be Archives 3 era, which is why it would be more likely to see release than something from Archives 2 era, which I can only imagine would cover '73 through...wow, end of the 70s?

3. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

Hi guys. Is there any point buying the vinyl Dreaming Man over the cd?

Thanks

R

4. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Only if you inherently like the sound of vinyl more than cd.

Both use the same 16 bit/44.1 Khz digital tape...

5. Col Kepper

Col Kepper Well-Known Member

I guess my questions would be, were his tours any good? Did he mix up his playlist? Did he play for hours?

6. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I'm not sure if it is 10%, but I agree with your basic assessment. The longer artists hold off on issuing product, the less they will ultimately sell. The music retail environment is weakening by the day. Fortunately for guys like Neil, he has a core audience that will guarantee at least moderate sales.

7. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Sunflower likes this.
  8. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Last summer I spent a lot of time listening to and enjoying this record.
    Just today I played Harvest Moon for the first time in ages and I must say I secretly prefer most of the Dreamin' Man performances! The live versions are so intimate and intense and it's a thrill to hear the songs without the album production, which makes the songs sound a bit more like a product of it's time than the live versions. Anyone else share these feelings?

bonus likes this.
  9. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

100%. In fact I'd go as far as saying that theres not a single version on Harvest Moon that I prefer.

bonus and Yorick like this.
  10. I'm shocked I cannot find any copies of the vinyl of this release, which seems odd for a Neil Young release. Almost none show up even on eBay. Was it super limited?

11. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2283206

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.