Neil Young Launches Online Archives (1st December 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Defrance, Aug 4, 2017.

1. RomanZ

RomanZ Forum Resident

All the Geffen albums now available for streaming (16/44.1 quality). We Never Danced from Life is unavailable for some reason.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Hitchhiker made the top 10.in the UK ....

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Hawks & Doves is now available for preorder on Amazon UK.

Porkpie likes this.
  4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Hawks vinyl is now up for preorder on Amazon UK, also £16.88

5. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

They're all up at Amazon US.

6. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Great minds think alike! When I posted yours wasn’t there so must’ve literally posted at the same time

Graham likes this.
  7. YoungMark

YoungMark Forum Resident

Subscriber news at the NYA Times-Contrarian ! But we have to wait a little more.

8. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

The news there is if you subscribe early for the low introductory price, you get it to keep it "forever". I'll take it for as long as it's offered, even if forever doesn't turn out to be exactly that.

budwhite and YoungMark like this.
  9. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

trans is streaming!!!!!

and it's the cd version. 'sample and hold' is the longer (and better) remix version.

10. John Harchar

The rest of Geffen may be on the way then. Will have to give it a listen this afternoon.

qtrules likes this.
  11. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

it seems that all of geffen is available.

'we never danced' from life is missing.

12. John Harchar

Will have to give them listen this week then! I have Life on CD, so I can fill the hole when the time comes.

Actuarybrad and qtrules like this.
  13. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I don’t know where Neil’s looking to see hi res albums for low res prices because it certainly isn’t on NYA

Judge Judy and purple-lazy like this.
  14. porl

porl Well-Known Member

It's there now

qtrules likes this.
  15. Mateo Sanboval

A bit off topic, but does anyone in here know if Neil Young - S/T (NYA ORS 01) has a standalone vinyl release on 180g like the other three LPs do from the first box set? I was cruising Discogs and can't seem to find one. Though I can find both 140g and 180g test pressings. Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

16. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Unless it changed at a later date I seem to remember the 180g were released only in the boxset and the individual releases were 140g.

Efus likes this.
  17. Mateo Sanboval

Hmm. There appear to be several listings on Discogs for the other three in that first box set at 180g, but not S/T. I can't find a thread in here discussing the reissues either, but I know there must be one.

18. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

I think he means for subscribers buying high res downloads they will cost less.

19. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Could be from people who spilt the box....

20. Mateo Sanboval

Perhaps and if so, they have my utmost sympathy. The sealed single LPs are all selling for around $25 each and a used box set goes for hundreds.

21. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Another big reason for me to subscribe

22. Carl Steward

Carl Steward Forum Resident

I don't see Landing on Water. But hey, that's OK by me.

23. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

it's definitely there. use the keyhole in the top right corner to search.

landing on water has some good moments. 'pressure' is a fantastic song.

24. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Yes, there was a standalone 180 g release of ORS 01. I believe that the standalone 180 g versions of the first four albums were imports from Europe, so there might not be a US entry for it on Discogs. Until very recently, it was available on Neil Young's store and through the big online retailers, but in a quick search I am not seeing it anymore. All four of the standalone 180 g records came in loose-fitting poly bags; the 140 g records had tight shrinkwrap and a barcode sticker over the shrink. You are probably already aware of this, but the cuts for the 140 g versions and the 180 g versions are exactly the same, the only difference being the weight of the record. I tried to get good copies of all of the first four on 180 g, but EKTIN and ATGR both had bouts of non-fill, which apparently seem to be more common on the heavier weight records. Seeing as each record was $36 retail, I gave up on that endeavor and settled for the 140 g versions, which are excellent. Unfortunately, the 140 g S/T record had a nasty scratch through a couple of tracks on side 2, and two replacement copies had the exact same scratch, so this is obviously a pressing plant defect. So, I ended up with 180 g copies of S/T and Harvest, and 140 g copies of EKTIN and ATGR. I suppose that this frustration is good fodder for the "Endless Defective New Vinyl" thread, though.

polchik, Porkpie and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  25. Mateo Sanboval

Hey, that's great info @YHF. Much appreciated.

polchik likes this.