Neil Young Official Release 5-8 & 8.5-12 to get CD release (Pricing & Shipping Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WarEagleRK, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVD30

RVD30 Forum Resident

As much as I would like these set not going to happen at the current price total rip off. will buy the LPs second hand instead

2. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

I had pre-ordered the 5-8 CD set in May. Checking my order today, I noticed a shipping charge (I'm not a prime member).
    At that time, the free shipping kicked in at $50, and is now at $25. Order cancelled and re-ordered with free ship.
    You may want to check your order as well? :righton:

mick_sh likes this.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Curious on this. If you did a pre order, the price of the set would have been determined on the release date to the lowest listed since that order. Does the reduction in shipping costs account for the lowest price of the set since May?

4. boboquisp

The reduction in shipping was done by Amazon this past summer. My pre-order was done before that, but cost was still attached to my order. Shipping cost has no bearing on the actual cost of the item. I just cancelled the first order and did a second pre-order at the same lowest price (36.49) but now with free shipping. Hope I explained that OK for you.

5. Muzyck

Actually it does not. The lowest price is based on the lowest price since the order is placed. It fluctuates and you don't know what the final price is until the release date. I placed my order back in the spring and have no idea what the final price will be until I am charged. If you cancel and create a new order, the price will be based on the lowest price since that new order is placed.

Lost In The Flood and jsayers like this.
  6. boboquisp

@Muzyck The price is the same, it currently as low as it's ever been. It's still a pre-order until release.

7. Muzyck

I would have no idea. I don't watch price fluctuations on my Amazon purchases. I place an order and forget about it. I guess I am getting old. :)

jsayers and Heart of Gold like this.
  8. boboquisp

They send an email update on price drops.

9. Bill Pratt

Bill Pratt New Member

I emailed Amazon US two weeks ago about this issue. They replied within a couple of hours and told me they would be housed in cardboard replica
    sleeves. So, I am assuming they are the gold discs.

10. Bill Pratt

Bill Pratt New Member

I emailed Amazon US about two weeks ago and they replied with 'cardboard sleeves'. I'm guessing they will be the gold discs.

11. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anytime I have ever contacted Amazon I got the impression that they really don't have much product knowledge and just give whatever they think is the best answer. So you never really know from what they say.

cartologist likes this.
  12. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

if these were being released as gold discs then it would have been announced or mentioned in some sort of press release. i sincerely and highly doubt that these will be on gold cds.

Galley likes this.
  13. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Well one more sleep and we will know, mine are Preparing for Despatch on Amazon UK.

qtrules and MicSmith like this.
  14. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

G
    Great news - just started playing my 1973 albums so well timed for Time Fades Away.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  15. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

I've had my amazon email confirming despatch.
    Thanks Neil - for finally giving us Time Fades Away on CD!!!!!!!:pineapple:

NUNZI likes this.
  16. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

I picked up 5-8 last night. Silver discs, paper sleeves that are a bit wider than usual to accept the discs and folded sleeve notes. "On the Beach" has beach umbrella print inside sleeve walls and "Tonight's the Night" is a gatefold and has the black label. Very pleased, tonight's the night I will listen to them.

17. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

damn. cardboard. that sucks.

do they have spines? is there NYA branding?

bobcat and domcasmurro like this.
  18. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

Send pictures, if you can :)

Oyster Boy and qtrules like this.
  19. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

Yes, they have spines and the "NYA" branding. I too love jewel cases but these aren't typical tight fitting cardboard. I'm sorry but I'm unable to post pictures. I have no idea how it is done and my phone is maxed out with photos. Trust me, it's a cool little box set! And "Time Fades Away" is here, on my shelf...AT LAST!

domcasmurro and Oyster Boy like this.
  20. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

posting a picture is as easy as going to imgur.com, uploading an image, copying the link and pasting it here.

21. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

that's not easy. doing nothing is easy.

jsayers, DmitriKaramazov and raphph like this.
  22. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

Sorry, I thought you bought ORS 1-4 in a box rather than individually. My error.

23. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

8.5 - 12 box out for delivery from Bull Moose, will be there when I get home.

5-8 box not yet shipped from Bull Moose. Strange that.

If the sleeves look like the 1-4 gold disc box cardboard sleeves, I'll be happy.

24. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Really looking forward to both sets. Now I can permanently shelve my underground copy of Time Fades Away. Next up: Hitchhiker ( fingers crossed)

Oyster Boy likes this.
  25. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Even more exciting for me, I have never heard TFA. It's a bit like Christmas Eve tonight when I was a kid LOL.

dtuck90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.