Neil Young Official Release 5-8 & 8.5-12 to get CD release (Pricing & Shipping Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WarEagleRK, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisblower

chrisblower Norfolk n'good

It's a bit wierd isn't it .. to be honest apart from Black coral, Still's stuff is a bit sub-standard..not my favourite album

What chance of now getting TFA as a single cd release ?

2. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Or just the Stills 's songs.

3. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

Also in Europe, Warner released the non-numbered non gold cd digipak cardboard cases album box as well;
    Official Release Series Discs 1-4: Amazon.co.uk: Music

It is different than the plastic album case box set;
    Official Release Series Discs 1-4: Amazon.co.uk: Music

4. This news has made my day. I have the limited edition 1 - 4 mini LP gold CD's in a slipcase so I'm hoping we will see the same for 5 - 8. And if we don't, I'll still be happy. Any 'Time Fades Away' on CD is better than no 'Time Fades Away' on CD.

qtrules likes this.
  5. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

It is/was up on PONO as well (in high resolution, no less).

6. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

Pardon my ignorance, but what album would this represent?

7. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

8. Mateo Sanboval

Right, but that's already in the NYA OR series as 8.5. I was wondering what 9.0/the Stills album would be. Unless he wants to splitit into the Stills cuts (9.0) and the Young cuts (9.5) or vice versa.

9. chrisblower

ok ..just having a little fun..there's 5 albums in this release so based on the two previous boxed sets it should be titled 9-13..but for some wierd reason they're calling Long may you run 8.5 ( when it should be 9)..

Was suggesting that Stills also release Long may you run in his own archive series 9.0-9.5...british humour, sorry

Mateo Sanboval likes this.
  10. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

The first CD release of the Band's "Rock of Ages" was truncated, too.

11. Mateo Sanboval

Please. No apologies necessary. Just wanted to make certain that I wasn't missing out on some sweet unearthed (or still buried) treasure.

12. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

just a thought, it's interesting that long may you run is 8.5 in the ORS, but deja vu isn't 2.5.

then again, young has admittedly pointed out that he had very little to do with deja vu (it's more a stills record than anything). i feel i read somewhere that it was young's decision to remove the C and N vocals from the long may you run takes. am i wrong there?

13. chrisblower

It's a long story..vocals were removed and Nash/Crosby were incensed. Don't have fine details at hand as am abroad. Funny enough one year later Stills forgiven and CSN (1977) was released. Lots of parallels with todays situation..

14. Yes, they had to cut short the guitar solo on Cortez The Killer, but I don't think it will be a problem this time. The full unedited album with the full guitar solo is 75 minutes long.

15. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Let me bump this thread, as I've deleted 3 redundant threads on this topic this morning. Everyone knows this is here. Not nowhere.

theMess, lightbulb, Sean and 3 others like this.
  16. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

tonight's the night was also edited.

edit: the song on live rust, not the album.

17. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Sean Murdock likes this.
  18. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I can't believe the first four albums came out remastered in 2009. It is now 2017. It's crazy on how slow Neil moves with this. At least we are getting 2 sets in shot. But how long for the next ones? 2025?

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

'make love to you" and guardian angel" are absolute gems, gems. and "all the same" is no slouch either. i think you might want to listen to this again.

my only complaint about this album is that there isn't more....and extended guitar duel, ala 'southern man" on '4-way street") would have been killer.

DEAN OF ROCK and qtrules like this.
  20. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

'Long May You Run' is the only 70s Neil Young album I don't own and never have. Haven't heard it all the way through either, but I do like 'Fountainbleu'.

chrisblower likes this.
  21. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

i also have a soft spot for midnight on the bay.

lightbulb, Sean and DEAN OF ROCK like this.
  22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

that is neil's song, the OP was talking about the 4 stills songs.

i love the entire album.

and i was fortunate enough to see one of the shows on the aborted tour. "eat a peach" :0

qtrules and chrisblower like this.
  23. chrisblower

Well I know the album really well. But I know what you mean I was being a bit stingy. At the time it was thought there would be some guitar slinging..must have been the Miami rays whuch mellowed them out...Really dislike Make love to you sorry.. hate that chord progression

24. chrisblower

What was the show like ? Wonder what Stills reaction was to Neils message ?

highway likes this.
  25. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

The Neil songs ain't so great either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.