Neil Young Official Release 5-8 & 8.5-12 to get CD release (Pricing & Shipping Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WarEagleRK, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

wow, and you get two typos in it. I like it too;)

EwaWoowa and Mbd77 like this.
  2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the show waas wonderful, (what i recall of it anyway) i do remember the extended guitar duel during 'down by the river' being surreal. better and longer than "southern man"

from what i remember, they offered refunds or you could use your ticket to see stills and band in smaller venues. remember, at that time stills was just as big as young.......it was right after this and the boat album (1977 - 78) that he started to slip a little bit.

chrisblower likes this.
  3. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I could add more and it would still be the same song. :righton:

4. chrisblower

chrisblower Norfolk n'good

5. The Big Guy

The Big Guy Forum Resident

I'm still pissed about this. Had tickets for the Stills/Young Band at the LA Forum. At the time I believe the excuse was Young had throat/voice issues. If the book "Shakey" is
    right it is just another case of Neil being Neil. The show still went on with Stills and his band supported by The Marshall Tucker Band. Oddly enough I saw Neil with Crazy Horse
    later in the year at the Forum and they were playing a blazing set that seemed somewhat short. Rumors after that show was that Neil cut it short due to voice problems.

lightbulb likes this.
  6. DEAN OF ROCK

DEAN OF ROCK Senior Member

Had a ticket to the ill-fated Atlanta show....

7. I'm presuming that also was put back on the Pono release of Live Rust?

The Pono release is just over 74 minutes so it should just about fit onto one CD.

8. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Where can I buy the Blu Rays? Neil's favorite format...

9. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for the Blu-ray versions of NYA ORS 1-4:

"In the coming months the public can expect audiophile quality 140 gram and 180 gram vinyl editions of these records followed by high resolution 24 bit/ 192 kHz digital editions in Blu-ray."

By Guy Listener, July 15, 2009

10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Haha, one of the many promises they made. Keep dreaming and to Warner and Neil keep waiting and all of your fans are dead.

Robert C likes this.
  11. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

All these albums were released on hi-rez Pono.

12. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

Don't think it Warners or intentional. I've said this before: I had some involvement towards the end of the first 'Archives' box. His team were really nice but struck me as a bit amateurish and disorganised. Neil Young needs a proper archivist who he hands the archives project over to who's judgement is trusted to just put the stuff together and present it to the record company for release. They've made mistakes - Filmore East missing 'Cinnamon Girl', Archives 1 not being just unreleased tracks in a box set like 'The Bootleg Series 1-3', not doing a multi-disc box set of 3 or 4 1971 shows (BBC, Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, etc...) instead of just Massey Hall, not doing a 3cd set of 1988 recordings or a 2cd of the 1992 shows. Not doing an 'unreleased albums' box with 'Homegrown' etc...

13. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

This is what I'm really hoping for. Homegrown, Chrome Dreams, Time Fades Away II, and the original (David Briggs edited) Tonight's the Night would make a killer box set alongside Archives 2. Or just release them separately in the Special Release Series to compliment the Original Release Series as has been speculated. If nothing else comes of Archives 2, I hope that these albums see the light of day. Later in they can do Old Ways I and Toast.

theMess, lightbulb, DeeThomaz and 2 others like this.
  14. Add in Oceanside/Countryside and Live At Budokan that were both listed on Neil's web site as part of a Special Release Series included in Archives 2 and we really have something.In the last few days as I have thought about this ORS release(s) it has occurred to me that Neil indicated in 2010 that Archives volume 2 wasn't going to be in the strict chronological format volume 1 was.Volume 2 seemed like it was going to be divided into albums.Maybe this ORS release isn't a death knell for the archives but a sign that the unreleased music will come out separately.When it comes to later volumes do we really need all or nearly all of Everybody's Rockin again on Vol 3,Are You Passionate on Vol 4,Fork In The Road on Vol 5 or Americana and A Letter Home on Vol 6?
    Can't believe I am optimistic enough to write this.

lightbulb likes this.
  15. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Those are the 2 main selling points for me, as well. :)

ARK likes this.
  16. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

And now available on his site for a fantastic price!

I was really enjoying his albums on Blu-ray.

17. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I saw Stills-Young Band in 1976 at Richfield Coliseum near Cleveland. Suite Judy Blue Eyes without Crosby and Nash was pretty bad...:thumbsdow

18. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

i hope this recent activity means the volume 2 era will get sorted this year.

that's what happened in 2009. the vol 1 of the ORS came out right before the first archives box. maybe it'll happen again?

dtuck90 and Heart of Gold like this.
  19. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

Seriously, I still can't quite believe that after waiting and complaining for over 20+ years, I could finally order @ amazon, an official, remastered CD set of Neil's "ditch trilogy" (On the Beach, Time Fades Away and Tonight's the Night) plus Zuma. TFA is for me the ultimate intimate, ragged, rocking Neil. Shocked that we haven't seen more posts on this.

20. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Anyway the TTN on cd was pretty good. I hope that new remastered cd is another improvement.

21. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Yes indeed, I forgot about Oceanside/Countryside. I wonder why Live at Budokan would be listed as part of the Special Release Series rather than the Performance Series?

I'd take these unreleased albums as a box or individual issues. I'm hoping that the ORS 8.5-12 titles are issued individually on vinyl. I missed the ORS 1-4 box, and I can't bring myself to have the 5-8 and 8.5-12 boxes sitting on the shelf with no 1-4. Very strange how the 5-8 individual vinyl was issued before the CD box, and now they're doing 5-8 and 8.5-12 CD boxes at the same time but before the individual 8.5-12 vinyl.

22. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

If there's No Archives II, this is all much ado about nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

23. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

For me and many others who can't afford Pono and prefer physical product to downloads, to say this has been anxiously awaited is an understatement. You're talking about the availability of 9 classic Neil albums, most (except "On the Beach") remastered to CD for the first time. Archives II would be cool but without a published street date for that in sight, I'm really grateful and excited for both ORS sets.

ARK, theMess, Sean Murdock and 5 others like this.
  24. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I've got a feeling Live at Budokan was prepared in the 70s but wasn't released

25. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

What the Archives should've been like -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

theMess, wayne66, lightbulb and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.